Schedule Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xscpx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...due to budget cutbacks my school has decided to change our degree programs. Microbiology and Biochemistry can no long be taken by people who aren't of those majors specifically. (It used to be that I needed both for my degree). This is quite problematic for me since those classes were always offered during the summer, and that puts a big whole in my planned course schedule.

So for this Spring I am being forced to take Organic I, Genetics, Cellular Metabolism (biochemical and clinical correlations), and two Anthropology senior seminars. This is an extra 4900 level bio course than I had originally planned. (have to make up the hours and no more summer classes are being offered)

I'm sort of terrified and looking for some kind of advice or help. I'm honestly afraid it may be too heavy of a load. Any suggestions on how to get through this? Study tips maybe? I was thinking of recording the genetics and cell mb lectures...

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

OUCH! That's got to hurt. Do you live in an area where there is more than one option for school to pick up a few classes here and there? Its going to be a tough schedule and a tough row to hoe. My mind's just screaming that this doesn't sound right. I went to a small school and there are other alternatives such as teaching courses every other year so that the class will be full.

Well the thing is, the classes fit now. Since there is only one section of each class, it may not fit in my schedule in the future. Maybe I will just drop a class and hope it fits in somewhere in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest this. I would try to see if I could get a concurrent enrollment at a JC for one of the science pre-req's. Go to that school while at your current college. As long as you don't need the units at the JC to graduate, then you don't have to communicate anything that your doing to your home school. This is purely for pre-req's for pharmacy, right? Many of my classmates performed concurrent enrollment behind my school's back to complete the prerequisites for pharmacy.

I would suggest this. I would try to see if I could get a concurrent enrollment at a JC for one of the science pre-req's. Go to that school while at your current college. As long as you don't need the units at the JC to graduate, then you don't have to communicate anything that your doing to your home school. This is purely for pre-req's for pharmacy, right? Many of my classmates performed concurrent enrollment behind my school's back to complete the prerequisites for pharmacy.

It's actually not pre-reqs, reqs for my degree so 4000 level classes =) thanks though