Question about my schedule!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm439

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! so I plan on taking the PCAT in Fall 2017 and I am currently a Sophomore. With that being said, I want to take MicroBio, Bio 2, Calculus, Anatomy, Orgo 1, and Orgo 2 so I am fully prepared for the PCAT. My Spring 2017 Schedule looks like this Micro and lab, Bio 2 and lab, Orgo 1, and Chem 2 lab. And my summer 2017 schedule will have Orgo 2 and lab and Calculus. I want to know your opinions about my spring and summer schedule! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Am I putting too much pressure on my workload with 3 science classes for my Spring schedule?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

That's spring semester looks like a train wreck waiting to happen. Bio 2 is thorough and intensive. Material is not hard but the amount of hours you have to put in is a lot. Add micro with labs PLUS Orgo?!? What's that like 20 credits? Just doesn't seem to end well. Orgo lab just by itself takes up just as much time as bio 2 and lab together. I'd say each class you would be allocating 4hrs class a day and some days you'll add another 4hrs for each lab when you have to complete your reports and setting up for the upcoming lab. TBH if you can get a 3.5 with that class schedule I think you'd be able to get through medical school let alone pharmacy school. My advice is to NOT do this. It'll bump your timeline a year to break up those classes but in the end your sanity and GPA will thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What happened to Orgo 1 Lab? And what are you doing for Fall 2016? Why don't you move some of those sciences to the fall. Can you take Orgo I and another science/Lab this fall? It looks like you're skipping around on the lecture/lab parts, which got me a little confused. I would take Micro/lab and Orgo 1/Lab in the Fall. For Spring, Bio 2/Lab and Chem 2 Lab(maybe one more science since Chem 2 Lab isn't as intensive as the lecture). Then summer do Orgo 2/Lab and Calc. Of course you can only do the schedule the school offers, but I wouldn't add 3 lectures and 3 labs all in one semester. If you're only a sophomore, you can prob wait until the end of your junior year to take the PCAT. Remember you can't adequately study for a fall PCAT, while taking all those classes from now and throughout the summer....well you might be able to, but I couldn't, lol.

This idea of not challenging yourself because you might fail is patently absurd. Don't listen to "you can't do ____". If you can't take 3 science courses now and study for the PCAT, what makes you think you'll be able to take 3 or 4 or 5 science classes in pharmacy school? No one gets off the sofa and runs a marathon.

Start training yourself now and developing better time management a habits and study skills. Learn how to learn now. You won't have time to do that in grad school. You have to make a commitment to yourself - put social activities, TV shows, etc on the back burner until you know where you stand. If you cannot make a real commitment to your academics, which in truth is a commitment to yourself, what commitments do you think you could keep?

You'll never know your true potential if you fear failure. Failure is not a measure of character (it's a measure of will); how you respond to adversity and life's challenges IS character. It's mettle. It's what makes leaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user