Scheduling Interview in 2 days or 4 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubblepop

Reaction score
I feel so incredibly lucky to have received an II, but the two dates available are either in two days or the last week of February. I would be driving up for 6-7 hours, so travel arrangements are not an issue. I would prefer more time to mentally prepare, but I don't want to risk the rolling admissions at this stage in the cycle. Which would you recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

Your preparedness and performance >>>>>>> A month difference in timing of your interview, even at a school with rolling admissions

How are you not mentally prepared for an interview THIS far into the interview season?

Members don't see this ad :)
How are you not mentally prepared for an interview THIS far into the interview season?

Everyone’s different and has their own comfort level. Maybe this is OP’s first interview and doesn’t feel comfortable with 2-days notice.

Reactions: 3 users
Was in the same boat. Chose to interview couple weeks later. Rather be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone’s different and has their own comfort level. Maybe this is OP’s first interview and doesn’t feel comfortable with 2-days notice.
Thank you for your kind advice and empathy. It helped me think more logically about what is best for me. I decided to interview next month!

I love talking things out, so just want to share my thought process regarding my choice in case it might help anyone else in my shoes. It is my second interview overall. While I know my application and feel comfortable with general interview questions, I felt that my state of mind is ultimately the determining factor. Trying to pack tonight, drive all day tomorrow, with little to no time to give myself that last min pep-talk/app-review would likely have made me more anxious rather than confident. And I wanted to be confident. I am incredibly thankful to my boss who was understanding about the potential last minute two-day vacay, but luckily that won't be necessary any longer.