scheduling interviews -- does 1 month matter?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by misspiggy, Nov 23, 2002.

1. misspiggy

misspiggy Member

does a month make a difference? i'm scheduling an interview at my state school that i really really want to go to ..........does it matter a lot whether i schedule the interview in early december or early January?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member

I think that a month matters. I would interview in December, even if it is more convenient in Jan.

4. I agree.

misspiggy, especially if your state school is on Rolling admissions, that month matters.

The adcom could meet once or twice during that time, and admit a few people, one of which could be you if you go to the December interview. Try to schedule it as soon as possible!

5. misspiggy

misspiggy Member

Yeah,

I was thinking w/ my wallet and trying to save the $250 plane ticket bc I'll be flying there again at the beginning of January, but I guess it would be good to just to go ahead and schedule for early December!!

6. I did that too.

I have an interview invite at UC Davis on December 3.

I wanted to save a little gas and wait until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving to go to my interview since I live in the area.

I could have had the interview a week ago, and now that I think about it, I kinda regret it. Don't make the mistake I did!

7. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    1 month makes a huge difference in schools who do rolling admissions.

8. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!

Attending Physician
    1 month may not have mattered too much a few months ago, but many schools are now at the point where they have probably interviewed at least half of the total amount of people they plan on interviewing, if not more. So at this point, one month may mean the difference between being interviewed for a position that is still available or a position on a waitlist as schools fill their inital class size.

I would definitely advise you to go in December unless it would be totally impossible for you to do so, even if it would cost you some extra money, especially if its at a school you would like to attend very much.

9. Lascivious

Lascivious Junior Member

If it's rolling admission, December is the best bet. Once the cup is full, the rest just spills onto the floor!:laugh:

10. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    ..and all you're left with is stained carpet :(