Scholarships for Canadians Wanting to Study Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been doing some digging but I can't seem to find any scholarships/bursaries/grants for Canadian students that want to study abroad.

I'm planning on studying medicine in Ireland but I can't seem to find any that apply. I was hoping that perhaps some of the fine people that populate this board might be able to help in finding some alternative sources of funding. Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've looked around for this stuff as well. Mainly with emphasis on Australia since that's where I'm probably headed but I've search for Ireland stuff as well.

Doesn't seem like it I'm afraid. Makes sense though. The schools want your big bucks so it's not likely that they'll be doling out scholarship money on and making their potential earning smaller.

That being said, there was a guy on the Aus forums who is studying at Sydney and he got a pretty decent (~$5-10k) scholarship from the University based on his MCAT score (~35) so it might be worth it to email the individual school.

I know St. George's offers some form of merit scholarship. Best bet is email individual schools.

TCD has the College Scholars program.

Good to know that at least one school has a program. I asked the interviewers for RCSI and they said that there was no scholarship program for international students there.