Scholarships Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rotinaj

Maintenance
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some background:

I'm a 24 year old white guy that doesn't come from poverty but is still having trouble affording college and never took the ACT or SAT because my community college had a much more convenient entrance exam. I made straight A's on 16 hours last semester, and my GPA is now 2.44 due to previous semesters that I attempted and simply stopped going to. Thanks to college policy, those grades will be overwritten by my new scores and after this summer I should be back up to a 4.0 by my college's standards.

Are my chances of getting a scholarship after this summer hopeless?

Should I go ahead and take the SAT or the ACT to be applicable for more scholarships in the future, or would it be pointless?

What are some good resources for finding scholarships? Especially those partaining to medicine.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

you've done the FAFSA and all of that? you can try scholarships.com but I dunno if there will be many merit based awards based on your GPA and situation.

I did FAFSA and I'm still hoping I'll get some kind of a pell grant, but I doubt it.