Scholl and Internet access

Started by jdog410
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jdog410

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was reading on their agreement at scholl and basically it says you are not allowed to internet game. Has anyone at scholl had problems with this?
 
I think he's asking if they block games like WoW or online shooters within the Scholl internet server system. Free Wifi internet to join a raid or camp your best friend in Portal.

Raiding during Anatomy class sounds fun.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just play starcraft at home

It's blocked in their student housing too 😡

Anything that doesn't come in over a normal internet port (ie. port 80) likes to get blocked by the school.

I used a tunneler while I lived in student housing that let me use all my normal programs by tunneling or proxy use.

http://www.artofping.com/pingfu-udp-http-tunneler.php

If you want to VoIP, skype, ventrilo, etc. you will need at least the UDP version...