Scholl Class of 2011 schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The schedule for the 2011 class is up.

check this link: http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/scpm/schedules0708/year1schedule.htm

but you can go to the home page and hit the link for "2011".

:)

Wow Scholl has so awesome schedule. The first few week classes hardly go till noon.Later they are like till 4pm only when our designated group is working. Its so awesome.

By the way, do anyone know whats Scholl policy on attendance during lectures. I hope they dont put "Tardys" or give points or reduce points for absents. In Marquette for Lab sciences they had this rule. if someone is absent for 3 or more lecture he/she was given "W-Withdrawal" grade.

I have no plans to bunk the lectures but just asking out of curosity.

By the way what is this couse "ICM". We have that on the very firstday of school. And it also has a lab. Can someone give more detail about this course.

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way what is this couse "ICM". We have that on the very firstday of school. And it also has a lab. Can someone give more detail about this course.

maybe it's Intro to Clinical Medicine? Those who may know, chime in.

thanks!

intro clinical medicine, which was taught in the 2nd year in years before. I heard a rumor that it was being moved to first year to get us to see patients sooner and work on our clinical skills, etc. I'm assuming they're moving the white coat ceremony to first year also?

Thanks txlioness for letting us know!

ICM is Intro to Clinical Medicine. They are moving this year from 2nd year to 1st year. Since this is the transition year, there will be P1s, P2s, and M1s in the class. The labs are just demos run by docs or M4s. This is probably the worst organized class every year...schedules for the labs change 24/7... I'm sure the trend will continue.

Since you're not technically in the clinic until 2nd year, white coat is done then. That may change to 1st year... I don't know. For now, it is still in 2nd year.

Scholl policy on attendance is whatever you want to do with your time. If you feel you need to go to class... go. If not, don't. Your time in school is what you make of it. However, some classes do make you sign in... you'll realize soon enough.

Does anyone know if it matters what color (or if they are a print) our scrubs for anatomy lab? Just curious because I saw solid blue, teal, and pink scrubs at dollar general for $10 (5 for each). I'm thinking that we are going to use them as if they are kind of disposable.......I doubt I will want to put them in my washing machine!:D

It doesn't matter what color your scrubs are for anatomy. So go ahead and get the ones you don't care if you throw away.

Also, when your in anatomy, you will be in groups of like 5-6 people. You will be needing an anatomy book to look at, Netter or something else, but don't bring your personal one. It will be really gross after a few weeks of touching it with your "cadaver" hands. So once your group is assigned, we just all pitched in a few dollars and bought a "tank" anatomy book. It was kept at the tank with the body everyday when we left. Also, left in the anatomy lab at the end of the course. Just a suggestion for newbies!
:idea:

It doesn't matter what color your scrubs are for anatomy. So go ahead and get the ones you don't care if you throw away.

Also, when your in anatomy, you will be in groups of like 5-6 people. You will be needing an anatomy book to look at, Netter or something else, but don't bring your personal one. It will be really gross after a few weeks of touching it with your "cadaver" hands. So once your group is assigned, we just all pitched in a few dollars and bought a "tank" anatomy book. It was kept at the tank with the body everyday when we left. Also, left in the anatomy lab at the end of the course. Just a suggestion for newbies!

Thanks for the advice!! I certainly would not want my nice Netter atlas all goo-ed up. :laugh: What would you say is the best source for getting the Netter atlas? Do they sell it in the school bookstore? Or is it cheaper at maybe Barnes and Noble or Amazon? Thanks!

hey when we were on interview. The students showed those computers and said that we will not be needing atlas as everything is here in the computers that were hanging over the dissection tables. what do they do?

every year, new netters arrive via students in the lab. these are unloved books, and when their owners move on, the books stick around. they accumulate on the counters around the lab, and there are plenty of them available for adoption.