Scholl vs. Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScrumtasticRucker

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Looking for anyone willing to share their experiences at either Scholl or Temple. I have narrowed down my decision to those two schools after being accepted to AZPOD and DMU as well, but I can't seem to pick one over the other. I can see myself going to either school. I've already crunched numbers, made a list of pros and cons, and even drew a Venn diagram, still no luck. I figured a forum would be a nice last ditch effort for some advice.

So if anyone could please provide some insight regarding either Scholl or Temple, it would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you visit both? What where the pros and cons to each? Financial differences? Proximity to home? School/life balance? These are things you have to weight yourself, of course everyone thinks their school is the greatest thing to happen to podiatry. Don`t rely on other,it caused me to not go to the school I wanted to. Soul searching and weighing what scrumtasticrucker wants, not dillydofoot/anklesurgeon69 thinks.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you visit both? What where the pros and cons to each? Financial differences? Proximity to home? School/life balance? These are things you have to weight yourself, of course everyone thinks their school is the greatest thing to happen to podiatry. Don`t rely on other,it caused me to not go to the school I wanted to. Soul searching and weighing what scrumtasticrucker wants, not dillydofoot/anklesurgeon69 thinks.

I’ve visited both, weighed pros and cons, and pretty much hammered out as many logistics possible. Hate to say it, but you’re right about soul searching... Just curious to whether or not anyone is willing to vouch for either school! Do you mind if I ask where you go?

I go to NYCPM, however Temple was my first choice. I ended up going to NYCPM because of family health issues and because I`m from NY it was the best option for me at the time being. I only applied to NYCPM, Temple and Kent with the first 2 being my top.

Scholl and Temple have a large financial backing, I hear good things about scholl and the campus is gorgeous. Both have good pass rates, both invest well into students/the school. In my opinion Temple had the best clinic out of the 3 I have seen. Philly is a medical Mecca and if you are into wound care they have one of the highest concentrations of diabetics in the nation. Scholl is also a top notch clinic from what I hear. Philly is rough, but the school is in Chinatown and a 3minute walk from city center, so it’s safer than Temples UG.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there! Looking for anyone willing to share their experiences at either Scholl or Temple. I have narrowed down my decision to those two schools after being accepted to AZPOD and DMU as well, but I can't seem to pick one over the other. I can see myself going to either school. I've already crunched numbers, made a list of pros and cons, and even drew a Venn diagram, still no luck. I figured a forum would be a nice last ditch effort for some advice.

So if anyone could please provide some insight regarding either Scholl or Temple, it would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

You should be able to find whatever info you need from doing a search on this site. There were numerous posts on comparing one program to another. However, if you have any specific question regarding Scholl, send me a message.

Haha literally struggled with choosing the same 2 schools. Finally chose Scholl due to the research and because I know I'll get most of my needed exposure in residency. It was a very tough choice though. Good luck.

I had the same struggle, I ended up choosing Scholl! It came down to, do I want to live in a big city, or outside the big city. For me the answer was outside. I’ve also seen somewhere that the practicing laws in Illinois grant a little more wiggle room with scope of practice than pa. Just another thing to look into maybe!