Scholl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeetforLife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere on the forum that Scholl lets you know at the end of your interview if you have a spot or not? Is that true?

Are all the schools like that?

Members don't see this ad.

I read somewhere on the forum that Scholl lets you know at the end of your interview if you have a spot or not? Is that true?

Scholl lets some candidates know immediately. Others don's receive notification of acceptance until a few weeks later...or denial. I don't know about the other schools.

Scholl lets some candidates know immediately. Others don's receive notification of acceptance until a few weeks later...or denial. I don't know about the other schools.

I applied last year in Sept., interviewed on Dec. 22nd and found out late January that I was accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview November 15th....I'm both excited and nervous. I'm sure this question has been answered before: what is the acceptance to denial ratio for students that have been invited for an interview.

Also anyone have any idea how competitive it is this year?

I have my interview November 15th....I'm both excited and nervous. I'm sure this question has been answered before: what is the acceptance to denial ratio for students that have been invited for an interview.

Sorry. I really don't know how competitive it is this year. It's still early, so obviously your doing good there. I applied the last week of January last year, interviewed in March, and was accepted same day. I think it is really just about having solid stats and knowing without doubt that you want to do podiatry. Enthusiasm about the field is really, in my opinion, what they are looking for. They want to know that you have thought long and hard about your decision because it's not for everyone. Don't worry! Enjoy your interviews and try to relax so that you get the most out of them.:)

Sorry. I really don't know how competitive it is this year. It's still early, so obviously your doing good there. I applied the last week of January last year, interviewed in March, and was accepted same day. I think it is really just about having solid stats and knowing without doubt that you want to do podiatry. Enthusiasm about the field is really, in my opinion, what they are looking for. They want to know that you have thought long and hard about your decision because it's not for everyone. Don't worry! Enjoy your interviews and try to relax so that you get the most out of them.:)

Also, it depends on "when" you apply. Remember, you're being compared to the other students each month and are "filling in spots" each year. There's a certain max # of students they are allowed to take due to budget reasons... if it looks like there will be a lot more students applying, they will be more selective. They have statistically averages for each month and if there seems to be more a certain month, they will be more selective. It's year by year, and not a exact science. Class sizes in the 90's used to run 150ppl per class at SCPM so it's been smaller recently, but gradually, getting bigger.

Scholl has a 'points sheet' for each applicant invited to interview and you're assessed points based on GPA, MCAT, interviewer's impression, etc. The cutoff changes basd on where the admissions office is with filling all the spots, which is why it is imperative to apply early. They accept some students same day based on the points sheet, but someone who would have gotten a same day acceptance in November might be told otherwise or waitlisted in April.

I was accepted same day at the end of October last year, and I didn't let Scholl knowright away because I was dead set on going to Des Moines and I wasn't going to find out from DMU for a week still. I did get into Des Moines but ended up coming to School anyway!

SCPM 2011 baby!

has anyone been accepted 2 scholl?

I believe this year is different, considering the numbers of applicants. In the past they let good students know, however this may have changed recently.

Good Luck.

Good luck on your interview! When you take a tour of the place, make sure to check out the anatomy lab! Best in the country!!!

When you take a tour of the place, make sure to check out the anatomy lab! Best in the country!!!

I would say tied for best or maybe even 2nd place. DMU has brand new labs with 32 or 36 inch plasma screens at each work spot just like Scholl. Both have excellent facilities but I might give the slight nod to DMU just because they are about brand new this year.

Reactions: 1 user
whats the area like around scholl? i've heard mix things... like it's country and nice to its in a bad part

whats the area like around scholl? i've heard mix things... like it's country and nice to its in a bad part

Its not that bad. The North Chicago area is not that pretty, nor bad. Other places around are really nice that are way too expensive to live in like Lake Forest. However, you can find some cheaper decent areas to live in like Gurnee, where I believe the average household income is $140 per year. Also look into Libertyville or Lake Bluff (which is a bit higher due to its proximity with Lake Forest).

The reality is that I hear about more crime happening in my hometown of Rochester, Mn than I do around here. Also, there are plenty things to do around here if you live at least 10 minutes away from the school.

Good Luck

Its not that bad. The North Chicago area is not that pretty, nor bad. Other places around are really nice that are way too expensive to live in like Lake Forest. However, you can find some cheaper decent areas to live in like Gurnee, where I believe the average household income is $140 per year. Also look into Libertyville or Lake Bluff (which is a bit higher due to its proximity with Lake Forest).

The reality is that I hear about more crime happening in my hometown of Rochester, Mn than I do around here. Also, there are plenty things to do around here if you live at least 10 minutes away from the school.

Good Luck