school alcohol violation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike7704

Undergrad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do medical schools know if you received any on campus infractions? I am not asking because I am going to hide anything, I am just curious. If you received fines or whatever for underage drinking would the only way med school would know is if you told them? Are these violations on the official transcript or something?

just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

How do medical schools know if you received any on campus infractions? I am not asking because I am going to hide anything, I am just curious. If you received fines or whatever for underage drinking would the only way med school would know is if you told them? Are these violations on the official transcript or something?

just wondering

i know its a question on apps...they probably ask for records from your undergraduate university

just wondering

One thing to be aware of is that some schools provide this information with your committee letter. (i.e. An attachment saying "this student has had no disciplinary action.") The best way to know if an infraction needs to be reported to med schools is to ask someone in your school's integrity/discipline office. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your school discloses behavioral and academic discipline records to med schools. They do the same thing for law schools and other grad schools.

Some schools (including mine) let you "expunge" your record if all you've had is warnings.

Even if it is disclosed, it generally isn't a big deal unless their is a persistent pattern of behavior. Med schools can be forgiving if it is a one-time thing.