Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

School application deadline

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by maximus0723, Dec 1, 2008.

1. maximus0723

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

I have applied to Touro, NY and their application deadline is Feb 2nd.
    Now I want to take the TOEFL and PTCB exam but is it OK, if I take after Feb 2nd?
    I have done bad in reading and verbal in PCAT so I want my college to show that I am committed in improving my skills but I feel if scores don't comeback b4 Feb 2nd then I won't have my chance to let my school know about my progress.

So, what do u think I should do?

2. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice No sacrifice - No victory
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Contact the school's in question - and ask them that exact same question. While our opinions are useful - they do not matter in anyway whatsoever. It is the opinion of the ADCOM and you that hold sway.

I know at my school - your TOEFL score does NOT factor into your admission score - it is only used to prove that you have english proficiency - in fact, if you have a BS / BA = TOEFL is waved altogether.

CPhT is useful at showing whether or not you are serious about pharmacy - but aside from that, it would not sway me one way or the other concerning your committment to improving your skills (english at any rate)

Take home point - ask the schools in question.

~above~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    maximus0723

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    cool. Thanks dude :)