• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

School application deadline

maximus0723

10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

I have applied to Touro, NY and their application deadline is Feb 2nd.
Now I want to take the TOEFL and PTCB exam but is it OK, if I take after Feb 2nd?
I have done bad in reading and verbal in PCAT so I want my college to show that I am committed in improving my skills but I feel if scores don't comeback b4 Feb 2nd then I won't have my chance to let my school know about my progress.

So, what do u think I should do?

Upvote 0

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
  1. Pharmacist
Hi,

I have applied to Touro, NY and their application deadline is Feb 2nd.
Now I want to take the TOEFL and PTCB exam but is it OK, if I take after Feb 2nd?
I have done bad in reading and verbal in PCAT so I want my college to show that I am committed in improving my skills but I feel if scores don't comeback b4 Feb 2nd then I won't have my chance to let my school know about my progress.

So, what do u think I should do?

Contact the school's in question - and ask them that exact same question. While our opinions are useful - they do not matter in anyway whatsoever. It is the opinion of the ADCOM and you that hold sway.

I know at my school - your TOEFL score does NOT factor into your admission score - it is only used to prove that you have english proficiency - in fact, if you have a BS / BA = TOEFL is waved altogether.

CPhT is useful at showing whether or not you are serious about pharmacy - but aside from that, it would not sway me one way or the other concerning your committment to improving your skills (english at any rate)

Take home point - ask the schools in question.

~above~

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.