School application deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maximus0723

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I have applied to Touro, NY and their application deadline is Feb 2nd.
Now I want to take the TOEFL and PTCB exam but is it OK, if I take after Feb 2nd?
I have done bad in reading and verbal in PCAT so I want my college to show that I am committed in improving my skills but I feel if scores don't comeback b4 Feb 2nd then I won't have my chance to let my school know about my progress.

So, what do u think I should do?
 
Hi,

I have applied to Touro, NY and their application deadline is Feb 2nd.
Now I want to take the TOEFL and PTCB exam but is it OK, if I take after Feb 2nd?
I have done bad in reading and verbal in PCAT so I want my college to show that I am committed in improving my skills but I feel if scores don't comeback b4 Feb 2nd then I won't have my chance to let my school know about my progress.

So, what do u think I should do?

Contact the school's in question - and ask them that exact same question. While our opinions are useful - they do not matter in anyway whatsoever. It is the opinion of the ADCOM and you that hold sway.

I know at my school - your TOEFL score does NOT factor into your admission score - it is only used to prove that you have english proficiency - in fact, if you have a BS / BA = TOEFL is waved altogether.

CPhT is useful at showing whether or not you are serious about pharmacy - but aside from that, it would not sway me one way or the other concerning your committment to improving your skills (english at any rate)

Take home point - ask the schools in question.

~above~