Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I have a decision to make, and I need to make it quickly. All input would be greatly appreciated. Here is the crux:
After not getting in last year, finishing my degree, and almost losing my mind between work and retaking the OAT, Ive been accepted to Nova and to Pacific. I was very recently offered an interview at NECO and Midwestern; and this is where the problem lies.
I am very conscious of the debts that I will be accruing in school. I plan on bartending through school to help cover my personal expenses, as I feel that taking out loans to pay for rent and groceries is not something I feel like paying interest on for the next 30 years money is a big factor to me. (With all due respect, please save me the whole you wont have time to work in op school thing; I realize it will be limited hours, but I know people doing it.)
I am a current resident of FL, so obviously Nova will run me the $19000 for in-state, not to mention bartending in south FL will be a nice gig. Pacific and NECO are both expensive and out of state, so I am leaning away from those two. Here is the dilemma: I have a brother that lives in Glendale, AZ and having little or no rent to pay over four years will be a big help. What is the status of Midwestern? Will the reputation lost by going there be worth the money saved? Plus, what the heck is their tuition!?!?!? 😕 Their site is a mess, and google cant even find me a number. (kinda gives me a bad feeling) I heard from a guy I met at an interview that their out of state is 13000? Is that true? Seems unlikely to me
I greatly appreciate any advice. I just want the best combination of a good school that wont put a huge loan on my back for the next few decades! 👎Thank you.
I have a decision to make, and I need to make it quickly. All input would be greatly appreciated. Here is the crux:
After not getting in last year, finishing my degree, and almost losing my mind between work and retaking the OAT, Ive been accepted to Nova and to Pacific. I was very recently offered an interview at NECO and Midwestern; and this is where the problem lies.
I am very conscious of the debts that I will be accruing in school. I plan on bartending through school to help cover my personal expenses, as I feel that taking out loans to pay for rent and groceries is not something I feel like paying interest on for the next 30 years money is a big factor to me. (With all due respect, please save me the whole you wont have time to work in op school thing; I realize it will be limited hours, but I know people doing it.)
I am a current resident of FL, so obviously Nova will run me the $19000 for in-state, not to mention bartending in south FL will be a nice gig. Pacific and NECO are both expensive and out of state, so I am leaning away from those two. Here is the dilemma: I have a brother that lives in Glendale, AZ and having little or no rent to pay over four years will be a big help. What is the status of Midwestern? Will the reputation lost by going there be worth the money saved? Plus, what the heck is their tuition!?!?!? 😕 Their site is a mess, and google cant even find me a number. (kinda gives me a bad feeling) I heard from a guy I met at an interview that their out of state is 13000? Is that true? Seems unlikely to me
I greatly appreciate any advice. I just want the best combination of a good school that wont put a huge loan on my back for the next few decades! 👎Thank you.
, and I have the signed acceptances from three other schools sitting in my study!!! How do they expect me to do this with the time limit we all get? What the hell took them so long?!?!