School Information Confusion

Started by foxhound
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foxhound

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does it mean when a school states they accept around 50 out of state student and like 2 tranfer students? I dont understand this aren't they the same?😕
 
What does it mean when a school states they accept around 50 out of state student and like 2 tranfer students? I dont understand this aren't they the same?😕

The way I understand it is that "out of state" means that the students' residency status is in another state other then that of the school. The transfer students are those (in-state or out-of-state) who are transferring from another pharmacy school to that pharmacy school.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does it mean when a school states they accept around 50 out of state student and like 2 tranfer students? I dont understand this aren't they the same?😕

I'll add another point and say that transferring to that school would be ridiculously difficult. Btw, is this a 0+6 school you're talking about?
 
So the mysterious pharmacy to pharmacy school transfer is possible??? I.e. you're a 2nd year pharmacy student and you transfer to a different pharmacy school? Would you retain your 2nd year status?
 
So the mysterious pharmacy to pharmacy school transfer is possible??? I.e. you're a 2nd year pharmacy student and you transfer to a different pharmacy school? Would you retain your 2nd year status?

That depends on the school of your destination and what courses will transfer. It's not a guarantee that you will keep your status, but you will still be a pharmacy student.