MD School list: 3.80 cGPA, 3.73 sGPA, 33 MCAT (reapplicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

synapse27

Act like they forgot about Gray's
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted some feedback on my school list. I am a reapplicant, but I'm pretty sure my application was not successful last cycle primarily because of my very late submission (early November, I know, stupid).

• Research: over 4 years experience in a lab (9 hrs/week), no pubs, but completion of an undergrad honors thesis; Ivy League summer research internship (LOR from PI of each lab)
  • Volunteering: 4 years working with fundraiser for cancer
  • Shadowing: 30 hours
  • Clinical experience: currently working in clinical research
  • Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Potential Schools (*=reapplicant):
Albany
Boston*
Central Michigan
Rosalind Franklin*
Creighton
Drexel
Emory
Geisel (Dartmouth)*
GWU*
Georgetown*
Hofstra
UIllinois-Chicago*
Jefferson*
Loyola
MCW*
Michigan State
NYMC
Oakland
Penn State Hershey*
Rush
Southern Illinois
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
Miami*
Michigan*
Minnesota
UNC Chapel Hill
Rochester
Western Michigan

Thanks for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What state are you a resident in? A few of your schools arent particularly OOS friendly (UNC comes to mind). I'd also scrap UMich given your 33 MCAT and recommend a few more mid tiers like Einstein/Saint Louis University. Other than that it looks good!

Reactions: 1 user
What state are you a resident in? A few of your schools arent particularly OOS friendly (UNC comes to mind). I'd also scrap UMich given your 33 MCAT and recommend a few more mid tiers like Einstein/Saint Louis University. Other than that it looks good!

I'm an IL resident (hence the large number of IL schools lol). I agree, Michigan seems like sort of a stretch, especially when I look at the schools of the matriculated students from previous cycles on their Admissions sites (mainly Michigan and Ivies). Thanks for your help! Anyone else have an opinion?

I'm an IL resident (hence the large number of IL schools lol). I agree, Michigan seems like sort of a stretch, especially when I look at the schools of the matriculated students from previous cycles on their Admissions sites (mainly Michigan and Ivies). Thanks for your help! Anyone else have an opinion?

Michigan would be a reach but not impossible. Don't think you should eliminate it simply because of your 33.

Reactions: 1 user