MD & DO School List: 510 MCAT 3.6 GPA

Started by ME1221
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ME1221

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there SDN, looking for some feedback/suggestions for my school list/chances

I have a 3.6 cGPA and about a 3.3 sGPA (3.6 for D.O)
510 MCAT
~4000 clinical hours between ED scribe and MA
unique clinical experience performing physical exams via telemedicine in a rural area
D3 XC/Track and Field Athlete
work in global health w/ a nonprofit after 3 years of intermittent volunteering - a small part of this was data entry, but hardly worth mentioning
TA/tutor for physics
shadowing 4 different specialties
other kinds of typical ECs (soup kitchen, student teaching, etc)

MD:
Miami Miller
Albany
Morsani
Florida International
Central Florida
Boston U
Tufts
Virginia Tech
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Quinnipiac
Buffalo
NYMC
Nova Southeastern
UVM
Wake Forest
Temple
Rush
Tulane
Arizona (Tuscon/Pheonix)

DO:
Nova Southeastern
Western University
Touro Cal
NYITCOM
AZCOM
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there SDN, looking for some feedback/suggestions for my school list/chances

I have a 3.6 cGPA and about a 3.3 sGPA (3.6 for D.O)
510 MCAT
~4000 clinical hours between ED scribe and MA
unique clinical experience performing physical exams via telemedicine in a rural area
D3 XC/Track and Field Athlete
work in global health w/ a nonprofit after 3 years of intermittent volunteering - a small part of this was data entry, but hardly worth mentioning
TA/tutor for physics
shadowing 4 different specialties
other kinds of typical ECs (soup kitchen, student teaching, etc)

MD:
Miami Miller
Albany
Morsani
Florida International
Central Florida
Boston U
Tufts
Virginia Tech
Eastern Virginia
Drexel
Quinnipiac
Buffalo
NYMC
Nova Southeastern
UVM
Wake Forest
Temple
Rush
Tulane
Arizona (Tuscon/Pheonix)

DO:
Nova Southeastern
Western University
Touro Cal
NYITCOM
AZCOM
I suggest:
Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
U Toledo
Wayne State
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
Your state school.
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
 
I suggest:
Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
U Toledo
Wayne State
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
Your state school.
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.
I suggest:
Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
Albert Einstein (maybe)
UCF (maybe)
Pitt (maybe)
U Toledo
Wayne State
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
Your state school.
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.


I posted in another thread recently; my stats are very similar to OP and Faha provided a similar listing of targets. I am from NY just curious why Touro would not be recommended. I have a friend with slightly less stats than myself who is starting there soon, just wondering why I should cross it off my list.