Low MCAT x LOW GPA School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the reply! I Dm'd Faha and provided them with details, they've helped me greatly, The more help the better!

URM: African American
Residence: VA
Year by Year GPA Trend:
BCPM:3.50->3.49-> 3.24->3.78->3.85
AO: 3.25-> 3.96->3.70->3.32->3.85
Total: 3.35-> 3.75 ->3.41->3.56->3.85

Sophomore year was a bit of a struggle. I've include my Highschool GPA's as well since those are added into the calculation. Some of my activities are slightly niche and wanted to keep a little anonymity, but I can always Dm them as well!
Thank you.

I'm just saying if some of your retracted activities are so niche and unique, then you don't think they hold value to your desirability as a future medical school student/doctor. We can't disagree unless you tell us. Believe us, very few activities are that unique for a typical med school applicant... the ones with greatest community impact impress committees.

I don't know why you think DO is off the table if your goal is to be a doctor. It is one path that on your metrics is more viable than gunning for MD only. The GPA trend is good, but not "low"; you didn't hit a sub 3.0 GPA for any year. You may be good for many in-state programs and the HBCU's/MSI's if you fit their mission with a 505, but you must know what you are looking for in a student support system with each school remaining on your list.

Have you connected with SNMA chapter officers at any of the schools before you submitted your application?
 
Last edited:
Moved to WAMC.

If your clinical volunteering was patient-oriented and in a clinic or hospital setting, that would be helpful to know. Though you also mentioned it was a clinical job, so if it was something common like a scribe, MA or EMT, that's fine. Knowing whether your non-clinical volunteering involved activities at a public school or your university vs a homeless shelter, soup kitchen or something else in the surrounding community is also important.
 
Moved to WAMC.

If your clinical volunteering was patient-oriented and in a clinic or hospital setting, that would be helpful to know. Though you also mentioned it was a clinical job, so if it was something common like a scribe, MA or EMT, that's fine. Knowing whether your non-clinical volunteering involved activities at a public school or your university vs a homeless shelter, soup kitchen or something else in the surrounding community is also important.
Thank you for your reply! I've been helped by Mr.Smile and Faha. I've communicated with both of them through DM's. I have no clue how to archive/lock/delete a post so I've left this here. Thank for your concern and assistance as well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.