School List Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sodarayg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I definitely don't think UCSF is a waste of money for you. I think you are underestimating yourself! If I were you I would think about adding ~5-10 more schools unless money is an issue.

Why not Stanford if you really want to stay in California?
Also if you want to stay close to California I think OSHU and Arizona are semi-OOS friendly and if you liked NY then what about other private schools in the New England area? Philly has 4 alone..Temple, Drexel, Jefferson and Upenn.

Good luck even though I doubt you need it. :)

I definitely don't think UCSF is a waste of money for you. I think you are underestimating yourself! If I were you I would think about adding ~5-10 more schools unless money is an issue.

Why not Stanford if you really want to stay in California?
Also if you want to stay close to California I think OSHU and Arizona are semi-OOS friendly and if you liked NY then what about other private schools in the New England area? Philly has 4 alone..Temple, Drexel, Jefferson and Upenn.

Good luck even though I doubt you need it. :)

Thanks a lot =]

I feel that my GPA would keep me from getting into those upper tier schools so that's why I only want to try one. But maaaaybe I'll try Stanford too.

And good idea on adding more schools. That'd suck so much if I had to wait another year to apply because I didn't apply to enough.

So I'll add all that you suggested for the time being =]

Current List:

UCI
UCD
UCLA
UCSD
USC
UCSF (extremely small chance, but I want a reach school lol. Or is this a waste of money?)
Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
New York Medical College
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
SUNY Upstate (Syracuse)
Stony Brook University
University of Rochester
Stanford
OSHU
Arizona
Temple
Drexel
Jefferson
Upenn

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot =]

I feel that my GPA would keep me from getting into those upper tier schools so that's why I only want to try one. But maaaaybe I'll try Stanford too.

Haha I understand. While your GPA is not "amazing" I don't think it is going to hold you back so I definitely encourage you to go for a few reaches if you really want to attend them. You never know!

I would recommend using the MSAR to pick out schools if you are still keen on adding more(or to check out the schools I recommended and see if they are really a fit for you.)

I am also from California and applying next year and have been working on my school list for the past few weeks...

Haha I understand. While your GPA is not "amazing" I don't think it is going to hold you back so I definitely encourage you to go for a few reaches if you really want to attend them. You never know!

I would recommend using the MSAR to pick out schools if you are still keen on adding more(or to check out the schools I recommended and see if they are really a fit for you.)

I am also from California and applying next year and have been working on my school list for the past few weeks...

Good luck =]

I just bought an MSAR (older version) and will take a more in depth look.
Thanks though =]

LIES!

You were only in a frat for 2 years and was never treasurer.:thumbdown:
worked in the dining hall for less than a year:thumbdown:
worked at a retail store for like half a year:thumbdown:
maybe 2 years of lion dance if you could call it that, i mean **** the season is really only like a month long (chinese new years) so really 2 months of lion dance:thumbdown:

god, do all applicants just lie about what they've accomplished? truly shameful.:confused:

did you know that many med schools have a black list that they send out to each other in order to help weed out applicants that B.S. their stuff?:laugh:

i'll notify my uncle at UCSF, toodles.:laugh: