School list and couple questions about timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljk223

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with school list

Cgpa: 3.35
Sgpa: 3.39

My gpa has upward trend with upper science classes in the last two years.

Mcat 506 (128/123/130/125) CARS was just sad

Ec: shadowing 60-80hr (neurology), 12hr (DO, rehab med), hospital volunteer (120hr currently), medical volunteer trip in Caribbean (40hrs, scribing?), psych lab research (3 months), jiujitsu club

Lor: 1 DO, 1 neuroscience department head, 1 from orgo prof, packed in a committee letter

I go to school in Georgia right now, but I'm not sure if I quify as a resident. I have a green card, but not a citizen here. Not URM

My school list
ATSU (KCOM, SOMA)
AZCOM/MWU
CCOM/MWU
Lecom Bradenton
MSUCOM
NSUCOM
PNWUCOM
PCOM (both campuses)
RVUCOM
TUCOM CA
UIWSOM
UNTHSC/TCOM
Western U/ COMP

I picked out schools depending on the location mostly.

1. Suggestions for school list?
2. Would it be ok if I leave the country for couple weeks during June? I mean, I wouldn't have ant interviews by this time even if I submit primaries and secondaries, right?
3. Should I ask another letter from MD just in case?
4. What is the best thing to do during gap year? I was thinking research or scribing or just work to make some money.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

List is fine. Add TUNCOM and MUCOM

1. Suggestions for school list?

Schools don't interview until Sept.
2. Would it be ok if I leave the country for couple weeks during June? I mean, I wouldn't have ant interviews by this time even if I submit primaries and secondaries, right?

I have to read these things. NO. You're only gilding the lily.
3. Should I ask another letter from MD just in case?

Scribing or any other source of income is fine. The mission trip will be treated as medical tourism and discounted, so get in more patient contact experience if not scribing.

4. What is the best thing to do during gap year? I was thinking research or scribing or just work to make some money.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QUOTE]