MD & DO School List Help: 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 516 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLU Student

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Consider these schools also:
Creighton
Tulane
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Georgetown
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein

Reactions: 1 user
Consider these schools also:
Creighton
Tulane
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Georgetown
Hofstra
Rochester
Einstein

Thank you for your response! I was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit on my competitiveness for an M.D. vs. D.O. program? I noticed that all the schools you suggested were allopathic schools. Should I be applying to more M.D. programs vs. D.O. programs? If not, could you also suggest a few osteopathic schools that fit my credentials as well? Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for all DO schools. The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 76% chance for a MD acceptance but if you apply to many appropriate schools it would be higher.

I believe you are golden for all D.O. If you're not looking at just location, @Goro could probably add a little bit more about the "best" osteopathic schools (and also the ones to stay away from). Pre-D.O. forum might also work well for that. From what I understand there is a little bit more variance in D.O. school quality, especially when talking about some of the newer ones. With that solid GPA and great MCAT, I'd imagine you'll have your pic of D.O. schools as long as you don't bomb the interviews.

Agree with MD school list above.

EDIT: just read through these threads and seems as though @Goro's standard answer is ask 5 people, get 7 answers re: best DO schools. The best advice seems to be apply based on location and aim for reputable/established schools that ideally have an affiliated hospital/health system (allows for ample clinical experiences, following the model of MD schools).

Best DO schools?
Ranking of DO Schools

@Faha, @deev04, @Goro Thank you all very much for you help. I really appreciate it. I will research all of your suggested schools, and I will add them to my list this application cycle.