WAMC / School list help (3.69 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA, 516)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryingmybestlol

Reaction score
I'm trying to build my school list, and would appreciate any feedback! Let me know if there are any schools that I'm missing that I should look into more. Thanks! :)

1. cGPA: 3.69 sGPA: 3.61
2. MCAT: 516 (126 CP, 128 CARS, 131 Bio/Biochem, 131 Psych/Soc)
3. State of residence: Montana
4. Ethnicity and/or race: Caucasian female
5. Undergraduate institution or category: Private liberal arts college and majored in Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology
6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
  • Currently a full time medical assistant at a Federally Qualified Health Center (560 hours so far). Lots of pt interactions with diverse pt population
  • Roughly 2000 hours as a medical scribe at a large clinic in internal med, family med, and pediatrics
  • Was chief scribe for 4 months
  • Was president of club that volunteered at a free non-profit clinic in a rural community and volunteered there for 4 years
  • Internship at same non-profit clinic as above for 1 semester - worked on grant for hypertension control program
7. Research experience and productivity:
  • First author publication of case report - from internship as a cardiology research/writing assistant
  • Co-author of 4 case reports accepted into a conference - from internship in cardiology clinical research
8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
  • Around 150 shadowing hours in orthopedics, cardiology, at a Suboxone clinic, and oncology/hematology
9. Non-clinical volunteering
  • Currently a domestic violence advocate at a shelter
  • Was community service chair of my sorority for a year
10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
  • Collegiate soccer for 4 years
  • Currently in my second gap year

Current school list (no particular order):
UW
Case Western
UMiami
Loyola Stritch
UChicago
Duke
Wake
Cornell
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
Emory
UVirginia
VCU
Hofstra
Jefferson
George Washington
UCincinnati
UMichigan
Drexel
Wayne State
Temple
BostonU

Members don't see this ad.

Hours as domestic advocate? I'm a little concerned you might not have enough for service-oriented programs like Loyola.
Interest in rural health tracks? Trying to figure out how you are a mission match to GW, UCSF, or the Philadelphia schools (Temple, Jefferson, Drexel).

UCSF, UCLA, UCSD admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. U Chicago, U Virginia, Cornell and Duke are reaches with your stats. You could add these schools:
Tufts
Einstein
Georgetown
USF Morsani
Western Michigan
St. Louis
Rochester