This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordij94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You do not need to retake the MCAT. U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. I suggest these OOS schools with your stats:
Boston University
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Miami
Wake Forest
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Cincinnati
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
NOVA MD
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
Mayo-Arizona
any new schools that may open for 2019 (Kaiser, California University, Roseman, Seton Hall).
The CA schools you listed are also reasonable

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely add UCI

Reactions: 1 user
You do not need to retake the MCAT. U Washington accepts less than 1% of applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. I suggest these OOS schools with your stats:
Boston University
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Miami
Wake Forest
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Cincinnati
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
NOVA MD
Arizona (Phoenix and Tucson)
Mayo-Arizona
any new schools that may open for 2019 (Kaiser, California University, Roseman, Seton Hall).
The CA schools you listed are also reasonable

Wow thank you that was really helpful. If I were to retake the mcat and score a 517+ would I be competitive for top 10 schools (ie: Stanford, Harvard, etc)? I feel like with my mcat score now I should just cut those schools and focus on more realistic ones.

Focus on the more realistic schools. Even if you score higher on the MCAT schools will average your scores and they expect you to do better on a 2nd MCAT.