School list help? Are these too low yield/anything else I should know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emm2020

Reaction score
I'm a TX resident with 512, 3.94 cGPA and 3.88 sGPA. I'm struggling to put together my school list and would love any advice on which schools I should remove or add. Thanks in advance!

My list:

All schools on TMDSAS (have already submitted app)
Baylor
TCU/UNT
Albany Medical College
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science
Emory University School of Medicine
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

What are your ECs ?

- ~2500 research hours (wet lab) with two 3rd author publications and one 1st author pub, three poster presentations, and one oral presentation. Defended an honors thesis over my research. Also awarded research project funding and travel awards to go to a national conference
- 300 hours of clinical volunteering,
- 100 hours of shadowing
- 250 hours of nonclinical volunteering
- member of several honor societies & pre-med organization
- campus ambassador to help new international students acclimate
- starting NIH IRTA position in clinical research (~2000 hours anticipated)

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive several interviews from your TMDSAS schools. Generally, OOS schools interview few Texas applicants with no connection to the school or state since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. You could add Baylor, TCU-UNT and Tulane.

You should receive several interviews from your TMDSAS schools. Generally, OOS schools interview few Texas applicants with no connection to the school or state since they know from years of experience that Texas applicants will attend a Texas school. You could add Baylor, TCU-UNT and Tulane.

Thanks, from MSAR I saw that the schools on my list had accepted TX residents. Should I keep any of these?

Thanks, from MSAR I saw that the schools on my list had accepted TX residents. Should I keep any of these?
Do you know how many Texas residents were accepted by those schools ? The ones accepted are more likely those who attended the undergraduate school, former residents of the state, and URM.