School List Help (GPA 3.62, MCAT 32R)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Climber3693

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just looking for some input on what schools I have a decent shot at with my statistics... I am a California resident with a 3.62 GPA and a 32R on the MCAT (PS:9, VR: 11, BS:12). Additionally, I have another year in which to improve my resume and am looking for feedback on what would best strengthen my resume (research? non-profit work? an abroad experience?).

My extracurriculars are pretty solid (I think) and include 300+ hours of volunteering as an EMT on my university campus, 1 year as an ethics in medicine intern through the ethics center at my university and in conjunction with a local hospital, 1.5 years working part-time as an ER scribe, public health related research on my university's smoking policies, one year working as a personal care attendant for a woman with muscular dystrophy, participant in a Global Medical Brigade to Panama, and volunteering with an organization where I tutor children who are 1-2 years behind in reading. Additionally, I have held leadership positions in my sorority, served as the president of a student club (Women in Medicine), and worked as a RA in the dorms.

My letters of rec will be fairly strong and will include two science teachers, the director of my ethics in medicine internship, the medical director of the on-campus EMS program, and a doctor I have worked with extensively in the ER.

Any feedback would be great! Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.