School list help please!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KN19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, please help me :D
Cum gpa: 3.68
Science gpa: 3.5

I rescheduled my DAT for July 20th so I have to apply without knowing my scores :(
But! I'm trying to be optimistic and realistic at the same time.

Lets say I get an AA of 19 or 20(pray) and none of my sections are under 17

Is this a good list of schools to apply to? I am a NY resident and my dream school is Stony Brook. If it helps a bit, I went to Stony for undergrad and have volunteered all year at their dental clinic ( probably doesn't matter too much lol ).

There are 19 schools right now and I want to trim the fat so please help! I'm willing to go anywhere, I just want to be a general dentist and I reaaaallly don't want to apply twice so I'm trying my best to do this right!

Arizona
Lake Erie
Nova
Midwestern
Louisville
Maryland
Boston
Tufts
Detroit Mercy
U Mich
Creighton
UMDNJ
Columbia ( I might replace this with University Connecticut, but I don't think they are very OOS friendly)
NYU
UB
Stony Brook
Case Western
Oregon Health and Science
Temple

Members don't see this ad.

I rescheduled my DAT for July 20th so I have to apply without knowing my scores :(

Is this a good list of schools to apply to? I am a NY resident and my dream school is Stony Brook. If it helps a bit, I went to Stony for undergrad and have volunteered all year at their dental clinic ( probably doesn't matter too much lol ).

There are 19 schools right now and I want to trim the fat so please help! I'm willing to go anywhere, I just want to be a general dentist and I reaaaallly don't want to apply twice so I'm trying my best to do this right!

Arizona
Lake Erie
Nova
Midwestern
Louisville
Maryland
Boston
Tufts
Detroit Mercy
U Mich
Creighton
UMDNJ
Columbia ( I might replace this with University Connecticut, but I don't think they are very OOS friendly)
NYU
UB
Stony Brook
Case Western
Temple

Stats look very average. Might want to consider 22+ for a reassurance, but other than that, very average (to be bloody honest)

Having said that, take out all OOS unfriendly ones.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh man 22+??? That's some serious cash to put down :/ okay thanks for the help, I thought I was pretty good at taking out the OOS unfriendly ones out. Are any of the ones I posted very OOS unfriendly? I made this list using the guide book.

Alright, thanks a lot!

oh man 22+??? That's some serious cash to put down :/ okay thanks for the help, I thought I was pretty good at taking out the OOS unfriendly ones out. Are any of the ones I posted very OOS unfriendly? I made this list using the guide book.

I meant DAT scores 22+, not 22+ number of schools. Sorry about that confusion

Arizona
Lake Erie
Nova
Midwestern
Louisville
Maryland
Boston
Tufts
Detroit Mercy
U Mich
Creighton
UMDNJ
NYU
UB
Stony Brook
Case Western
Temple

You are aiming for a 19/20, have a 3.6, and only taking your DAT late-July (meaning you'll be complete and looked at by late Augustish). Even if your stats get you the interview, it's your interview skills that get you an acceptance. I don't think you have the flexibility to "trim the fat". In dental applications, you are the fat to be trimmed. You want extra schools for a buffer.

No I realize that, by "trimming the fat" I just meant cutting out OOS unfriendly schools/schools that I really don't have a chance in based on factors I might have overlooked. Oh and thanks Ionz for clearing that up :)