MD & DO School list help-reapplication 513/3.8

Started by Plsayes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Plsayes

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NC resident
513 MCAT
3.8 cGPA
3.8 sGPA

Research: 1200 hours 1 poster at large conference and one publication but low on author list.
Clinical work: 1500 hours as ED tech
Division I Athlete: 3000 hours
Clinical volunteering: 150 hours
Non-clinical volunteering: 150 hours
Shadowing: 50 hours

I mainly need help with choosing 10-20 MD and DO programs outside of NC and SC (where I have close ties). Thanks!
 
When and where did you apply previously ? Any interviews or waitlist ?
Last cycle in July. My committee letter was not in until September if that matters. Also my 1500 hours as an ED tech plus the non-clinical volunteering is new. I completed secondaries for
UNC
ECU
Duke
Wake
MUSC
USC Greenville
USC Columbia
EVMS
VT
VCU
Miami
WV
Emory
Colorado
Vermont
Penn State

II
UNC-> R
Duke -> R
MUSC ->WL
 
I suggest these school when you reapply:
UNC
ECU
Duke
Wake
MUSC
USC Greenville
USC Columbia
EVMS
VT
VCU
Miami
WV
Vermont
You could add any of these schools:
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Creighton
For DO schools consider these:
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
LECOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.