School List Help / WAMC - 3.61 cGPA / 514 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sosaveli

Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA: 3.61 (large upward trend: 3.9 gpa my junior year and 4.0 my senior year
sGPA: 3.60 (large upward trend)
MCAT: 514 (130/129/128/127)
Clinical experience: 400 hours total
300 hours hospice volunteering (4 years)
100 hours children's hospice volunteering (1 year)
Non-clinical experience: 300 hours total
150 Lead volunteer at an animal shelter (2 years)
100 hours at food shelf (1 year)
50 hours tutoring / assisting at an after-school program in an impoverished area (1 semester)
Shadowing experience: 60 hours
40 hours internal medicine
10 hours general surgery
10 hours cardiology
Research: 300 hours total in Psych lab
Clubs: Powerlifting club (only 1 semester)
Honors: Dean's list, Cum Laude
Miscellaneous: ORM, MN resident and OSU alum that will be applying directly after graduation. I know I have a lot of schools but my MCAT expires after this upcoming cycle and I would like to only go through one cycle. I understand there is a lot of pre-writing to be done. Thank you in advance for your help!

School List:

State Schools

University of Minnesota TC

Reach
Mayo Clinic
Emory
Ohio State? (Not sure if it's a reach or target)
Hofstra

Questionable (would love extra input on these schools)
Rush? (Do I have enough hours for this?)
University of North Dakota (Not sure if I fit their mission. I know they give preference to MN residents, but I don't have experience with the groups they prefer)
TCU? (I know they're a Texas school but am wondering if it's worth applying to since they're a private school)

Target
Albany
Wake Forest
Miami
Rosalind Franklin
Penn State
Iowa
Georgetown
George Washington
Indiana
Jefferson
Loyola
Nova
MCW
NYMC
West Virginia
Rochester
Saint Louis
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
Drexel
Wayne State
Oakland
Seton Hall
Eastern Virginia
Toledo
Western Michigan
UCF
I think that you can do better than TCU. I can't recommend Penn State. Delete IU, U ND, Rush, and U WV
Add Case, Emory, BU, Einstein, Dartmouth, Rochester, Tufts, and maybe Pitt. Mayo should be a "maybe". Consider USF

I think that you can do better than TCU. I can't recommend Penn State. Delete IU, U ND, Rush, and U WV
Add Case, Emory, BU, Einstein, Dartmouth, Rochester, Tufts, and maybe Pitt. Mayo should be a "maybe". Consider USF
Hi Goro, I appreciate your response. Is TCU not a school worthy of an application? I understand they’re a new school but are there any serious red flags? Furthermore, do I really have a shot at Case, BU or Pitt? Their MCAT and gpa medians are a bit higher than mine. Thanks!

Hi Goro, I appreciate your response. Is TCU not a school worthy of an application? I understand they’re a new school but are there any serious red flags? Furthermore, do I really have a shot at Case, BU or Pitt? Their MCAT and gpa medians are a bit higher than mine. Thanks!
No red flags other than being new, and some pissed off TCOM faculty who were forced to help get TCU up and running, from what I recall. Plu, it's Ft Worth. Ever been there?

You are in striking distance for Pitt, Case and BU.

No red flags other than being new, and some pissed off TCOM faculty who were forced to help get TCU up and running, from what I recall. Plu, it's Ft Worth. Ever been there?

You are in striking distance for Pitt, Case and BU.

Oh that’s interesting...Haha oddly enough I used to live right outside of Fort Worth when I was very young.