School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeineismydrug

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd love some input for my school list!

I'm a reapplicant this cycle. Had interviews at UNC and NYU last year and was waitlisted at NYU. In the middle of my two year break before reapplying.

Chemistry B.S. w Biology minor at top 5 public university, Honors College and PBK
Overall GPA: 3.74
Science 3.6 (pretty much all A/A-'s until physical chemistry sections)
MCAT 515

3 years part time wet lab research with a publication (~10 hrs week)

2 years full time clinical research (45 hrs week) with 2 publications so far, 1 first author and multiple conference presentations (Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Med) Hundreds of hours of direct patient interaction.

Applied for a received a grant for a summer of my own research project where I interviewed patients about their experience in the hospital to determine how social determinants play a part in hospital readmissions, presented this work at a national conference (received two honors awards for this work)

300+ hr shadowing

Helped start a program where I worked one on one with patients frequently admitted to the ER in small inter-professional teams, spent ~100hrs working with patients in the hospital and in their home understanding how we could improve their care from an multi-disciplinary perspective, ~100 hrs getting program off the ground

Volunteered with elementary school in an art classroom with kids who had just moved to the US 200hrs

Lived in Sri Lanka for a month shadowing and volunteering in a government hospital (full time, 1 month)

Worked part time as a tutor for two companies ~5-10 hrs per week

Was a part of a global health club which held and organized volunteer events

On the executive committee for pre med employees at the hospital I work in, organize events

TA for Organic Chemistry, led weekly review sessions

Currently volunteer with a retirement home

VTech
Wake
GWU
Drexel
Rush
Georgetown
Tufts
VCU
TJ
UNC
Dartmouth
Hofstra
Brown
Emory
Temple
BU
Case Western
Albert Einstein
Sinai
Duke
Mayo
Pittsburgh
UMich
Columbia
Cornell
SLU
UPenn
Yale
NYU
UVA
Harvard
Johns Hopkins

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recommend:

Wake
GWU
Drexel
Rush
Georgetown
Tufts
VCU
TJ
Dartmouth
Hofstra
Emory
Temple
BU
Case Western
Albert Einstein
Duke
Mayo
Pittsburgh
SLU

ADD: Netter, Creighton, U Miami, Your state schools, MCW, Albany, NYMC, Loyola, U VM, EVMS,