School list help?

Started by amhalum
Tags Tags
#do #wamc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amhalum

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-Cumulative GPA: 3.81
-Science GPA: 3.78
-Graduated Summa Cum Laude; Class of 2016 Arizona State University
-1,300+ hours of community service in underserved communities (various services)
-1 year of neuro-oncology research at Mayo
-Tutored at Arizona State for two years
-Served as freshman mentor at Arizona State for three years
-Participated in various clubs at Arizona State
-Shadowed DO for ~100 hours
-Observed OMT
-Volunteered at Circle the City, a homeless/rehabilitation center partnered with AT Still
-Volunteered 250 hours at local hospital
-Participated in a refugee program in Canada with patient interaction
-Worked as a private tutor for a family for last two years; in addition, worked part-time throughout undergrad
-Will be taking MCAT May 18th, I've scored within the 500-502 region, expectation to be around 505-507 hopefully at time of exam
-Several LOR from professors and two DO doctors I've shadowed
-Work with adults with both physical, mental disabilities including tutoring, caretaking, etc

-I genuinely want to go the DO route because I appreciate their values and approaches towards medicine. I would love some help from my fellow colleagues to let me know my chances and what DO schools they recommend and which ones they believe I have a chance of getting admitted to, thank you for your time in advance.