School List Help

Started by NGMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NGMD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a 21 yr old AA male from a top 20 undergrad institution. . I plan on applying to med school in the 2019-2020 cycle, but i am not convinced in the strength of my application. I made a similar post maybe a year ago and I was told to buckle down for the MCAT, I studied really hard and I did real well in my practice tests but in test day I think I got the jitters, I got a 515, I know its not a bad score but I really wanted to prove that if I had time to fully devote to my studies I could perform really well at med school. College has been very stressful and I was working 20+ hrs a week and I quit everything last semester to study for the MCAT and I dont know if a 515 is impressive enough. I am not sure if I can retake but if you guys think i need to i will.
But for right now i need help with a school list, I got the MSAR but I fall below the 10th percentile in GPA for most schools, so i dont know what to do.
GPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.43
MCAT: not taken yet (update: 515)
clinical volunteering: ~100hrs
non clinical volunteering: ~800hrs
research: 1 semester cancer research, 1.5 year prison healthcare research, no pubs
shadowing: ~100hrs

Current List
All HBCUs
All GA schools