School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1040408

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have too many unrealistic reach schools with a MCAT of 511. Also state public schools that accept few non residents with a MCAT of 511 and no connections to the state. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Colorado
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Tulane
EVMS
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have too many unrealistic reach schools with a MCAT of 511. Also state public schools that accept few non residents with a MCAT of 511 and no connections to the state. I suggest these schools with your stats:
Colorado
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Tulane
EVMS
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Awesome awesome thank you!

Colorado
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Tulane
EVMS
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
do you recommend I add DO schools or is there no need to?

Remove:
- Harvard
- Duke
- Cincy
- Mayo
- UCSD (favors in-state and highly competitive OOS)
- Arizona
- UCI
- USC
- Mt Sinai
- Nevada
- West Virginia
- Michigan
- Maybe Emory
Your ECs and GPA are solid, but the MCAT score is too mediocre for an ORM applicant applying to the above schools. You should invest in MSAR and check out the out of state stats for each school you plan on applying to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Remove:
- Harvard
- Duke
- Cincy
- Mayo
- UCSD (favors in-state and highly competitive OOS)
- Arizona
- UCI
- USC
- Mt Sinai
- Nevada
- West Virginia
- Michigan
- Maybe Emory
Your ECs and GPA are solid, but the MCAT score is too mediocre for an ORM applicant applying to the above schools. You should invest in MSAR and check out the out of state stats for each school you plan on applying to.
Emory has a 512 average though

That’s why you should buy access to MSAR. According to AAMC, their accepted average is a 515.
I feel like "matriculated" average is a way better indicator, no?

And even if it was a 515, a 511 is totally within range for that, no?

So you're doing this without receiving any academic credit? How about employment? I'm just trying to figure out how you will characterize this EC.
I perform for people... it's not paid, total volunteering

I feel like "matriculated" average is a way better indicator, no?

And even if it was a 515, a 511 is totally within range for that, no?
Hey man,
I’m not trying to tell you what to do, but in my experience, I think Emory is out of your range. A 511 is the 25th percentile score for accepted Emory students. Those spots will be very hard to get as an OOS ORM applicant. Most of Emory's spots go to women, they seem to prefer in-state, and they have a substantial African-American student population. OOS ORM applicants who get those lower-MCAT spots typically do something incredible. If you want to apply to Emory, go for it! I still applied to UCSF with a 515, but I was rejected VERY quickly - even as an in-state applicant. Just trying to save you some time/money.
Unfortunately, I think you've missed my point. I said you could still (maybe) apply to Emory, but it was the list of other schools that are much more unrealistic. You came here for constructive criticism; I'm simply providing my two-cents.
Edit: I would also add that Mercer is unrealistic because they accepted 0 OOS students last year. They didn't interview a single one.

Last edited:
Hey man,
I’m not trying to tell you what to do, but in my experience, I think Emory is out of your range. A 511 is the 25th percentile score for accepted Emory students. Those spots will be very hard to get as an OOS ORM applicant. Most of Emory's spots go to women, they seem to prefer in-state, and they have a substantial African-American student population. OOS ORM applicants who get those lower-MCAT spots typically do something incredible. If you want to apply to Emory, go for it! I still applied to UCSF with a 515, but I was rejected VERY quickly - even as an in-state applicant. Just trying to save you some time/money.
Unfortunately, I think you've missed my point. I said you could still (maybe) apply to Emory, but it was the list of other schools that are much more unrealistic. You came here for constructive criticism; I'm simply providing my two-cents.
Edit: I would also add that Mercer is unrealistic because they accepted 0 OOS students last year. They didn't interview a single one.
Hey man,

I appreciate you so much. Thank you for taking the time to look at my post and help me out. Didn’t mean to be aggressive. I appreciated all that insight. Seriously! Thank you, sorry again!

Stay safe and cheers :)

Hey man,

What do you consider a substantial African American population? I searched and most places report 7 to 8 percent make up the student body, Emory reported 12% for c/o 2023. The SOM reported 23/92 URM which is 25% but the phrase URM is all encompassing and not specific to African Americans

What do you consider a substantial African American population? I searched and most places report 7 to 8 percent make up the student body, Emory reported 12% for c/o 2023. The SOM reported 23/92 URM which is 25% but the phrase URM is all encompassing and not specific to African Americans
According to MSAR, 28 of their 136 matriculants last year identified as African American - which comes out to be ~20%. That is 2.5-3x the national average, and I consider that substantial.

According to MSAR, 28 of their 136 matriculants last year identified as African American - which comes out to be ~20%. That is 2.5-3x the national average, and I consider that substantial.
I can see how you would come to that conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.