School List-MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markymark71990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.7 sGPA 3.79 overall GPA, 31 MCAT (10PS/10VR/11BS), White male, AZ resident.

Anyone care to comment on my school list? Any glaring issues besides the few longshot schools like Northwestern and Mayo? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 9.56.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 9.56.54 PM.png
    193.4 KB · Views: 71
Members don't see this ad :)
ok can you help me with my school list? I am going to apply to school where the average is a 32 but nothing higher. is that a good plan?

ok can you help me with my school list? I am going to apply to school where the average is a 32 but nothing higher. is that a good plan?
You can definitely apply to reach schools, but don't count on them for interviews when making your list. The bulk of your list should be schools that you realistically could interview at. Once that is done, you can add reaches that you're interested in while still having your targets there just in case your reaches don't give you an interview. Try out the tool in my signature to get an idea of what distribution of schools you should be applying to.

I count 9 schools where you have a fair to good chance at an interview.
You need an OOS list as good as a CA applicant since yours is one of the few states with an IS acceptance even lower than ours. Thus, remove at least 5 of the long shots and replace with matches.

Ok I updated my list. How does it look? I'm adding 11 or so DO schools and I might tweak some of the MD list:
Albany
Creighton
Drexel
GWU
Georgetown
Hofstra
MC of Wisc.
Oakland
Penn St.
RFU
Rush
SLU
Temple
Vermont
Tulane
UofA-Phx and Tucson
VCU
Wake
Brown-providence

Reach: Keck, UofM-Miller

Ok I updated my list. How does it look? I'm adding 11 or so DO schools and I might tweak some of the MD list:
Albany
Creighton
Drexel
GWU
Georgetown
Hofstra
MC of Wisc.
Oakland
Penn St.
RFU
Rush
SLU
Temple
Vermont
Tulane
UofA-Phx and Tucson
VCU
Wake
Brown-providence

Reach: Keck, UofM-Miller
Much better. I'd still delete the Georges (13K+ aps). If SLU, why not Creighton and Loyola?

I have Creighton and SLU up there. I will throw in Loyola. And why not Georges? Just too expensive?