ieatpizza1234
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.23
MCAT: 500. (124/26/125/125) 507 (127/126/127/127)
Residence: New York
Race/Ethnicity: Black
UG: Bio major, top 10
Rural interest: want to work with underserved/marginalized communities
Age at matriculation: 24
Gap year: 2
Clinical Experience:
- 600 research, no pubs or big conferences, 2 different labs
Shadowing: 60 hrs shadowing - neonatology, oncology
Non-clinical Volunteering:
- 350 leadership role in club (treasurer, 3 yrs)
- 160 hrs sub teaching (job)
-180 leadership in stem journal + blogging (2 yrs)
- stem camp director mentioned above
Paid employment:
scribing, sub teaching, various retail jobs held over the summers while at home
other: retook orgo 1 lecture and lab after graduation at a local CUNY, got an A and A- respectively. I could not retake it at my undergrad school because they only let you retake classes you fail.
List so far: will also apply to 5 do schools
Schools I have so far- open to alternatives/ anything you think I should delete. I will also apply to like 5 DO schools so feel free to recommend any of those as well!
Charles drew
Meharry
Howard
Morehouse
Rush
uniersity of alabama birmingham
Penn State
UB
rosalind franklin
University of Wisconsin
albany medical college
quinnipac
Drexel
Tulane
University of Illinois College of Medicine
Temple
SUNY Upstate
george washington university school of med
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University College of Medicine
NYU
Einstein
Stony brook
Loyola University Chicago (Stritch)
burnett som at tcu
emory
tufts
sGPA: 3.23
MCAT: 500. (124/26/125/125) 507 (127/126/127/127)
Residence: New York
Race/Ethnicity: Black
UG: Bio major, top 10
Rural interest: want to work with underserved/marginalized communities
Age at matriculation: 24
Gap year: 2
Clinical Experience:
- - 110 hrs children’s hospital art volunteer
- - 40 hrs hospice volunteer
- - 120 hospital volunteer (maternity, ed triage)
- - about 800 hrs working full time as a scribe during gap year (projected for before I apply)
- -75 hrs shadowing - neonatology, oncology
- 600 research, no pubs or big conferences, 2 different labs
Shadowing: 60 hrs shadowing - neonatology, oncology
Non-clinical Volunteering:
- - 200 hrs as stem camp Director
- - 40 hrs teaching stem to elementary students
- 120 hrs musician in church choir
- 350 leadership role in club (treasurer, 3 yrs)
- 160 hrs sub teaching (job)
-180 leadership in stem journal + blogging (2 yrs)
- stem camp director mentioned above
Paid employment:
scribing, sub teaching, various retail jobs held over the summers while at home
other: retook orgo 1 lecture and lab after graduation at a local CUNY, got an A and A- respectively. I could not retake it at my undergrad school because they only let you retake classes you fail.
List so far: will also apply to 5 do schools
Schools I have so far- open to alternatives/ anything you think I should delete. I will also apply to like 5 DO schools so feel free to recommend any of those as well!
Charles drew
Meharry
Howard
Morehouse
Rush
uniersity of alabama birmingham
Penn State
UB
rosalind franklin
University of Wisconsin
albany medical college
quinnipac
Drexel
Tulane
University of Illinois College of Medicine
Temple
SUNY Upstate
george washington university school of med
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University College of Medicine
NYU
Einstein
Stony brook
Loyola University Chicago (Stritch)
burnett som at tcu
emory
tufts
Last edited: