School Setting PT

Started by jmd13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmd13

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I have recently gained interest in being a PT in the school setting, though I don't know much about it. I searched this forum and did not come up with much. I would love to do some shadowing but since it's summer and school's out I'm not sure if that's possible... If anyone has any insight into what working in this setting is like I would really appreciate it if you could share!

Thanks
 
I am a school-based PT at a private special needs school, and I did a clinical rotation in public schools through the local intermediate unit. There is a lot to say about it, but if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to share some information. And yes most of us are off for at least most of the summer, a nice perk!