School Sucks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOC G.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As some of you know by reading I am doing an informal post-bacc and I just finished my second semester of it and man I am a frusterated. I can make B and A's in 4000-6000 level course but for some reason I tend to do poorly in the lower levels. As this semester ended my GPA went down pretty far, but thankfully I have a 2-3 years left. I guess I can only be mad at myself and basically get my s&^% together before I really ruin any hope to do anything. I am my worst critic and just needed to vent before I got a headache! :eek:

Have a good day or night...

Members don't see this ad.

Lower levels are the weeder classes.
Don't let them weed you out.
Get a tutor and take less credits if needed. Too many people flame out by trying to rush through the process.

Lower levels are the weeder classes.
Don't let them weed you out.
Get a tutor and take less credits if needed. Too many people flame out by trying to rush through the process.

Awesome advice! This nearly happened to me in my first semester and I learned very quickly how to get out of this situation and salvage my GPA. Take less classes if you have to, you can make up for the load later on when you've gotten the hang of how to study for science classes or when you feel ready - but you can't make up for a crappy science GPA!

think of your post-bacc as training to study at a med school level. start off relatively easy, and after every exam, week, and term, evaluate how you've been doing and see where you can improve. take every success and failure and learn what and what doesn't work for you. good luck--fellow postbaccer