MD & DO School Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farnell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a balanced 30 on my third MCAT...was hoping for better but I guess I'll have to apply with this and see where it gets me. I have a 3.48 cGPA and a 3.40 sGPA....as far as EC's go, I have adequate shadowing and volunteer experience. The past two years I have been working full time at a pharma company doing research. Lastly I am a PA resident.

I am hoping for MD, but would be open to a few DO schools. What do you guys think? Besides the schools in PA (I'll probably apply to all of them), where else should I apply, and do I have a shot?

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely consider DO schools. http://www.aacom.org/about/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

Use the MSAR to gauge where your scores fit in for MD school acceptances (also look at what % of OOS students are accepted).
Perhaps some MD schools you could add:
Albany
New york medical college
hofstra
university of vermont
SUNY--upstate or buffalo
Connecticut
new jersey schools

Naturally, all will depend upon MCAT score, but your GPAs are fine for any DO program. For MD schools, start with all PA schools except Penn and Pitt. Then invest in MSAR Online, which is your friend. Target schools that have median scores close to your own.

Got a balanced 30 on my third MCAT...was hoping for better but I guess I'll have to apply with this and see where it gets me. I have a 3.48 cGPA and a 3.40 sGPA....as far as EC's go, I have adequate shadowing and volunteer experience. The past two years I have been working full time at a pharma company doing research. Lastly I am a PA resident.

I am hoping for MD, but would be open to a few DO schools. What do you guys think? Besides the schools in PA (I'll probably apply to all of them), where else should I apply, and do I have a shot?

Thanks in advance!!!