Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD & DO School Suggestions?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by farnell, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. farnell

farnell 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Got a balanced 30 on my third MCAT...was hoping for better but I guess I'll have to apply with this and see where it gets me. I have a 3.48 cGPA and a 3.40 sGPA....as far as EC's go, I have adequate shadowing and volunteer experience. The past two years I have been working full time at a pharma company doing research. Lastly I am a PA resident.

I am hoping for MD, but would be open to a few DO schools. What do you guys think? Besides the schools in PA (I'll probably apply to all of them), where else should I apply, and do I have a shot?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. wannabeMD19

wannabeMD19 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I would definitely consider DO schools. http://www.aacom.org/about/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

Use the MSAR to gauge where your scores fit in for MD school acceptances (also look at what % of OOS students are accepted).
    Perhaps some MD schools you could add:
    Albany
    New york medical college
    hofstra
    university of vermont
    SUNY--upstate or buffalo
    Connecticut
    new jersey schools

4. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Naturally, all will depend upon MCAT score, but your GPAs are fine for any DO program. For MD schools, start with all PA schools except Penn and Pitt. Then invest in MSAR Online, which is your friend. Target schools that have median scores close to your own.

About the ads