School You Would Never Apply to Again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Drexel.....silence since I handed in my money with the secondary. Guess I won't be hearing from them ever. Would be nice at least to have a little correspondence with them.

GW.....so many damn applicants. At my interview there was like 20 kids and that was normal size for the day....wth.

Drexel.....silence since I handed in my money with the secondary. Guess I won't be hearing from them ever. Would be nice at least to have a little correspondence with them.

GW.....so many damn applicants. At my interview there was like 20 kids and that was normal size for the day....wth.

20's not so bad. most of mine had 10 or 12; a few had 6 or 7. BU had 40. i think columbia had about 20 also.

Members don't see this ad :)
20's not so bad. most of mine had 10 or 12; a few had 6 or 7. BU had 40. i think columbia had about 20 also.

Mine all had 6-20 max. The 6 was at Wake Forest. I actually really liked the small group b/c I got to know my fellow interviewees better. I think the most was probably 15 or so at Miami main campus. Boca campus only had max 10.

Mine all had 6-20 max. The 6 was at Wake Forest. I actually really liked the small group b/c I got to know my fellow interviewees better. I think the most was probably 15 or so at Miami main campus. Boca campus only had max 10.

I agree. Mine were 6, 50 :)eek:), 15, 5, 7, and 8.

Probably all the UC's. Never had a chance despite being a Cali resident.:thumbdown:

I'm gonnna second all the drexel comments. Waste of money. I at least deserved a rejection E-MAIL. I gave you ~$100 and you can't send an e-mail? Weak.

Also, I'd never apply to Tulane. They were incredibly disorganized and rude.

Penn State. Secondary has essays with 50 word limits (tough to write anything meaningful in 3 sentences). Took them MONTHS to update my status to complete. There were people who applied after me who had already interviewed and been accepted before I was complete. When I called to try to determine what was happening, they snapped at me and basically told me not to call again. My status was finally updated and a few days later I received an interview invite which I politely declined.

AECOM: One of my worst interview experiences. All the facilities are terrible, the Bronx is just so boring. Tuition is expensive, poor financial aid. Students are all nice, but I felt isolated staying in the Bronx for just one day (I couldn't imagine 4 years, I think i'd kill myself). 45 minutes to Manhattan? On a "Express" BUS?!?! Seriously, this is not NYC. Sinai and Cornell...way better areas, way better hospitals, way better medical schools.

Georgetown: Cura Personalis is complete BS. The culture there is not like this at all, most of the administration just seemed to like to be actively rude to students. There are grades, everyone seemed to work incredibly hard but not learn very much. Facilities were old. Expensive. Everyone was nice, but the whole school left with me the feeling...people pay $45k/year for this?

Penn State: No idea why I applied to this school other the fact that I'm In-state. I'd never go here, probably even if it's the only place I was accepted. I just couldn't live in Hershey for 4 years.

GW: No real bio research. 9-5 class everyday. Location is great, but I think DC is a slightly overrated city. Great to visit, but I don't think I'd want to live there.

Tufts: So, ridiculously expensive. Not highly ranked. You complete many rotations outside of Boston (travel or live in some random suburb). Admin is apparently terrible. Jeff is way better of a program in my opinion just because I know the administration there loves its students so much.

This is a rant thread, so I apologize for anyone who goes to these schools and feels differently.

Schools I loved, but sometimes get some hate: USC-Keck, Cornell, Mount Sinai, Temple, Jefferson, Boston University

Schools I loved, loved, loved: Stanford, Penn

Places I wished I applied to: UCLA, UCSD, Duke, Hopkins (eh, why not?)

hjhip[gh8p0h

Last edited:
UF, FIU and LECOM-B. UF rejected me in March the season is over by then. FIU I am an american we cant make people learn english but they can make us learn spanish. Lecom Im still unclear of their teaching style esp with no live cadavers
I would hope they didn't have any live cadavers! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
UF, FIU and LECOM-B. UF rejected me in March the season is over by then. FIU I am an american we cant make people learn english but they can make us learn spanish. Lecom Im still unclear of their teaching style esp with no live cadavers

LECOM-B is supposed to have cadavers. LECOM-E PBL does not (however someone stated they were bringing it back), while LECOM-E IDP + LDP do have cadavers. LECOM-SH does not as of now. The reason that there were/are no cadavers at LECOM-E for PBL students is that the accredidation for LECOM-SH (which is all PBL) was tied to LECOM-E's accredidation for PBL. They had to have the same curriculum for the accredidation to hold.

I am not sure however whats going to happen with LECOM-SH and cadavers...If LECOM-E PBL changes back, then from what I understand, LECOM-SH would have to have it as well...(this has been discussed in Osteopathic forum)

I would hope they didn't have any live cadavers! :eek:

In that case you would want this to be your gross anatomy group:
left-4-dead-2-cast.jpg

Temple; if they put a Hydra in charge of their student affairs, I can only imagine their professors as some other mythological beasts.

+1

Dear Drexel,
I sent you a $75 secondary application fee. In return I am requesting a trite, one paragraph rejection e-mail. Otherwise, please deposit my file in the nearest recycle bin and refund my $75.

Sincerely,
Sustentacular

I'm about to graduate from med school...

....and I still haven't heard back from Drexel.

I'm about to graduate from med school...

....and I still haven't heard back from Drexel.

This is how I feel about Howard last year...

My list:
All DC schools...
  • Howard - disorganized, unprofessional in their correspondence, "accidentally misplace things (read: your application), etc
  • GWU - I think they had some essays with ridiculously short line limits + app fee
  • Georgetown - +1000 to mdeast's assessment

I'll throw in Northwestern, UofM (38/3.8 interview invites avg stats...gtfoh), Keck (email for a status page rejection is just cold)

Oddly enough, I'll say UMDNJ-RWJ (state school, down the street, reminds me of primary education years i.e. too close to home, they're expensive, not that great yet acted very arrogant)

hahah couldn't have said it better myself.

+1

Dear Drexel,
I sent you a $75 secondary application fee. In return I am requesting a trite, one paragraph rejection e-mail. Otherwise, please deposit my file in the nearest recycle bin and refund my $75.

Sincerely,
Sustentacular

Georgetown: everyone seemed to work incredibly hard but not learn very much.
Do they learn less than people at other schools...? Not sure how you could make this determination