Schools Accepting Online Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
shhhhhhhh forensic...shhh....;) heheh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You know what else is fun...
schools that will accept online courses, but not accept CC courses....

such a joy being nontrad ^^

I don't feel comfortable naming the school as I would like to preserve my anonymity. I did mention several times that I attended undergrad at that school and -- I'm not sure how else I can say this -- while the med school technically says it accepts online coursework (hence the listing on MSAR and telling anybody who officially inquires that they do) in practice it does not. So yes, it would appear on your list, and yes, they would say they accept online courses, but if you apply there with online prereqs, you will not be accepted.

Hence I feel the need, as a public service, to let this be known.

With that, I'm off this thread for good. Good luck to everybody, wherever and however you are taking your prereqs!

I would have actually appreciated knowing the name of the school so all of us who have to take our pre-reqs online needn't have to! As a military service member on her 5th deployment, it's a little hard taking classes in the United States. Also, after this deployment I go back to Germany where there are absolutely NO schools teaching the pre-reqs in English, or you have to be proficient in German to be accepted. I appreciate the handwork put into this list. The onus is upon the applicant to call the schools s/he is interested in and present their situation.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would have actually appreciated knowing the name of the school so all of us who have to take our pre-reqs online needn't have to! As a military service member on her 5th deployment, it's a little hard taking classes in the United States. Also, after this deployment I go back to Germany where there are absolutely NO schools teaching the pre-reqs in English, or you have to be proficient in German to be accepted. I appreciate the handwork put into this list. The onus is upon the applicant to call the schools s/he is interested in and present their situation.
Or you could try taking classes on-base through UMUC, Central Texas College, City Colleges of Chicago, Embry Riddle, and even the University of Oklahoma. There are plenty of US-based schools over there, it just takes a bit of work to get the information as to when and where the classes are. Contact your Ed Center for information on classes on your base. Shoot....they even had in-person courses on the larger bases when I was in Afghanistan; if you have a flexible NCO, you might be able to take classes in-person even while deployed. Then again, I was a fobbit, so we could have vastly different experiences.

Best of luck on your journey though. My biggest regret was not wringing every ounce of TA out of the Army while I had the chance...lol!

I emailed several DO and MD schools regarding this. I asked them 1) do they accept online courses and 2) are they viewed poorly by the adcom. I specifically referenced UNE in my email, so these responses may not be applicable to all online courses.

DO
Pacific Northwest: Accepted, not looked upon poorly.
MSUCOM: Accepted, no mention of whether they are viewed poorly.
ATSU: Accepted, strongly suggest the prereqs be taken in person.
Des Moines: Accepted, may be viewed as less competitive.
PCOM: Accepted, best to take at 4 year institution to stay competitive.
Kansas City: Accepted, not looked upon poorly.
OU-HCOM - Accepted, said many student have taken some courses at UNE. Went on to say that as long as most prerequisites are taken in traditional setting it won't be an issue.

MD
South Carolina: Accepted, specifically said UNE online classes are accepted.
Western Michigan: Accepted, prefer traditional classes.
Eastern Virginia: NOT ACCEPTED
Florida State: Accepted, specifically referenced UNE
Temple: NOT ACCEPTED
UAMS: Accepted, except Orgo. Jury still out on how the committee sees them.
Minnesota: Labs must be in person.
Illinois: Accepted, traditional classes preferred.
New Mexico: labs not accepted.
Loam Linda: NOT ACCEPTED
Colorado: NOT ACCEPTED
Vermont: accepted, not viewed negatively
LSU: NOT ACCEPTED

The responses I got here should tell people not to take the MSAR as accurate in this issue.

Reactions: 2 users
Some online coursework is quite challenging, and it seems that there can be more work to further "justify" the mode of education--I'm not kidding about that. There can tons of more scholarly writing, and writing intensive work when these courses are offered through certain B&Ms. They are hell bent on showing similar quality of work and coverage. You can be sure that you aren't necessarily getting a break for now having to drive there. You will still be working a lot, if it's a course with a good B&M. Also, good programs offer class-meetings in real time--you can see and hear each other--video/audio, etc. They also offer open access to strong databases through their universities libraries. I have taken and used both. I have found that both can be rigorous, depending on the construct on the course and all those fine details of expectations, rubrics, etc.

BUT, people are forgetting that it really depends on the kind of course/s you are taking. IF you are talking sciences with labs, for example, the best bet is to attend the B&M and be in a lab with other students. This is good b/c of the importance of working together, and b/c you can directly interact with the T/A and/or professor during lab time. This situation is pretty darn impossible to recreate in an online mode--even if doing the labs in real time.

Remember, you are going to need LORs from professors or teachers that have worked with you--and if they worked with you directly, in person, that makes a huge difference. Most schools want the primary LORs to be from the teachers/professors with whom you have completed your coursework--especially science-lab coursework. Until we learn how to transport the professor or TA or ourselves in space-time, um, this modality of learning, for specifically these kinds of courses, puts us at a disadvantage.

Now, if they are willing to do labs where every step is replicated precisely at home, and you are to have videography of your lab work, that may be different. You still, however, are not working together with a partner in most cases though. You still don't have the opportunity to necessarily ask and get feedback from the professor during the lab in real time. This is the trouble with doing these kinds of labs outside the B&M setting.

Last edited:
I agree! I'm also medic in the military and our schedules are never set in stone...taking in-class classes are challenging and online is sometime out only option.

For a while I was able to take in class pre-meds. Now, with my rotating matrix and overnight shift, it is impossible to find a class that follows my matrix. I never, ever have the same days off from one week to the next. This sucks.

Sometimes online is one's only option.

I didn't realize this thread was active recently.

After going to a brick and mortar school for the summer and fall I want to add to the thread.

I took my Orgo classes, and some upper level sciences with all the labs. They confirmed my original assumptions that were stated earlier in the thread.

Needing to complete a lab at home was far more challenging than working in groups at the brick and mortar institution.

Somebody mentioned technological requirements preventing in home labs from being on par with labs at school. They are probably right when it comes to upper level courses. You're not going to be able to do separations (except maybe dialysis), electrophoresis, HPLC, PCR, etc... At home. These labs aren't done in the prereqs though. The lower level classes do things like titrations and calorimetry. These can be done at home.

As always, proceed with caution. Do your due diligence, call the schools you want to apply to, and be smart. If you've done those things and you absolutely need to take online courses then go for it.

I would REALLY prefer to take organic 1 and 2 online because the only options around me will cost me 9k and 12k which is absolutely insane. I mean, I can pay that but it will literally destroy half my savings. But there seems to be so much conflicting info on whether or not it is acceptable to take online courses for allopathic schools. I did ALL my other credits at a well respected state University, but because I have loans and work full-time and the options around me are insanely expensive, I would REALLY love to be able to take organic online. The mixed responses make it seem like a huge hassle and possibly not worth it? I don't want to be evaluated negatively just because I took it online or worse yet severely limit my options. Not sure my situation would be a valid excuse either...

Just a quick update. I've officially been accepted to a DO school today with the majority of my prereqs being from an online school. After taking a year of chem, bio, and physics online I did transfer to a B&M for Organic and at that point decided to pursue a science degree there. I aced some upper level bios and have a >3.8 GPA at the B&M so I'm not a purely online success story, but I did take more than half online. I also took the majority of my general classes online. My cumulative is not nearly as high as my GPA over the past few semesters, btw.

I received 2 interviews out of 3 MD schools and 3 DO interviews out of 4 schools

It's possible guys.

Reactions: 3 users
Was it that the school accepted online or simply your transcript did not detail online class

Both. The school did not indicate it on the transcript, but it was halfway across the country from my residence. I think that threw some of them off because I did get some questions about specific timelines, but only one interviewer out of 9 specifically asked about which ones were online. I also got comments like, "wow, you've been all over the country."

So yes, there's a chance they just didn't realize they were from an online institution. And since my last school and the school I'm receiving my degree from is B&M it got all of the attention. The prior schools were hardly mentioned.

It appears that the old wisdom about online classes (i.e. do not take them under any circumstances) is at least somewhat incorrect.

A year ago I was reading this thread and considering whether or not to do my prereqs online, which I ended up doing (mostly at UNE) due to my professional obligations. Thanks to the flexibility of their schedule, I was able to get a lot done over the past year and apply this cycle, as opposed to applying to a post-bacc, which would've taken another year to apply for and one or two more to complete.

So far I've been accepted by two MD schools, with additional interviews either scheduled or completed at several others.

While there are some schools that flat out won't accept online courses, I didn't apply to those, and checked (in writing) to see if the schools I did apply to would accept them. I also chose several schools with no course requirements who would look at my overall application rather than getting bogged down in formalisms.

Though traditional classes are still the best way to go if you have the opportunity, doing your prereqs online is a real option, and I'd be happy to discuss offline with anyone who'd like to know more about my personal experience.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most universities that are accredited do not specify on the transcript if a course is online or not, so if the med school doesn't ask or specifically say they don't allow it they might never know. I can see certain pre-reqs like math, English, etc being ok online, but req science courses with labs are just not the same online. Hard to use a multi-million dollar spectrum analyzer in a kit at home. :) That said, KUDOs to anyone who can make it work and congrats to being accepted. Being a nontraditional takes creativity, which can be a great asset for a doctor.

It appears that the old wisdom about online classes (i.e. do not take them under any circumstances) is at least somewhat incorrect.

A year ago I was reading this thread and considering whether or not to do my prereqs online, which I ended up doing (mostly at UNE) due to my professional obligations. Thanks to the flexibility of their schedule, I was able to get a lot done over the past year and apply this cycle, as opposed to applying to a post-bacc, which would've taken another year to apply for and one or two more to complete.

So far I've been accepted by two MD schools, with additional interviews either scheduled or completed at several others.

While there are some schools that flat out won't accept online courses, I didn't apply to those, and checked (in writing) to see if the schools I did apply to would accept them. I also chose several schools with no course requirements who would look at my overall application rather than getting bogged down in formalisms.

Though traditional classes are still the best way to go if you have the opportunity, doing your prereqs online is a real option, and I'd be happy to discuss offline with anyone who'd like to know more about my personal experience.
Kindly let us know what schools you applied to and/or were accepted to this cycle

You know, it's a funny thing. I took an online class for the first time last semester, and two more this semester. (Not premed prereqs, obviously). I like the self-pace and the convenience of it, especially since I'm a nocturnist and taking day classes would be tough with my schedule. I can totally understand why some of you would choose this option. But I have to say, the experience is definitely missing something. I know exactly none of my classmates. There are no late night discussions in the student center. I'm not even sure if they live in the same city. I can't drop by the prof's office to discuss something I read that interested me. Sending her an email and getting a one or two sentence reply back a few days later, is just....hollow and a little dissatisfying. I guess this is the new way things are, and those of us who attended college pre-internet era will just have to learn to accept it. But if this is the only, or even the primary, college experience that some of you are getting, I feel kind of sad about that.

You know, it's a funny thing. I took an online class for the first time last semester, and two more this semester. (Not premed prereqs, obviously). I like the self-pace and the convenience of it, especially since I'm a nocturnist and taking day classes would be tough with my schedule. I can totally understand why some of you would choose this option. But I have to say, the experience is definitely missing something. I know exactly none of my classmates. There are no late night discussions in the student center. I'm not even sure if they live in the same city. I can't drop by the prof's office to discuss something I read that interested me. Sending her an email and getting a one or two sentence reply back a few days later, is just....hollow and a little dissatisfying. I guess this is the new way things are, and those of us who attended college pre-internet era will just have to learn to accept it. But if this is the only, or even the primary, college experience that some of you are getting, I feel kind of sad about that.

The limitations of online coursework that your describe aren't all that different from the experience of many non-trads at a brick and mortar institution. Running from work to class and then home to spend an hour with family before going to bed and repeating doesn't leave much time for study groups and office hours. That's just the nature of being a non-trad with a demanding work/family schedule, regardless of course format. With that said, I agree that you lose out on something that you gain as a full time student at a brick and mortar. But for some it's the only way.

Just a thought for any Texans out there, you have to indicate if a class was distance learning on all courses for the Texas application. I spoke with UTSW, UTHSC, and TCOM, all accept online prereqs to include labs.

Just a thought for any Texans out there, you have to indicate if a class was distance learning on all courses for the Texas application. I spoke with UTSW, UTHSC, and TCOM, all accept online prereqs to include labs.
Which is strange because the Texas public medical schools seem to be the most accepting of online coursework compared with any other state. A&M, San Antonio, and Foster all accept online. Lubbock accepts all but bio, if I remember correctly. Dell seems to have embraced "competency" based prereq fulfillment, so it appears they will too.

Finally AAMC is just starting to gather data and move toward formal guidelines as the recent advisory was sent out

"The AAMC Group on Student Affairs, Committee on Admissions (COA) understands that these are important issues for applicants and their advisors, and that there is currently much confusion in this area. Not only do policies at different schools vary, but the view of online coursework by the admissions community is changing. Moreover, we recognize that most undergraduate institutions do not identify online courses as such on transcripts, making it difficult for medical schools to verify information in this regard.

With the support of the AAMC, COA plans to gather additional information about these issues in the coming months, in order to provide more coherent guidance to applicants and advisors. Thank you, in advance, for your patience."
Great info. Please keep us all informed!

Which is strange because the Texas public medical schools seem to be the most accepting of online coursework

Agreed, only one of the schools I spoke with out of 8 said no, and only to online labs not classes. I did hear from several that the coursework will be viewed as less competitive but most just said show us on the MCAT you know your stuff.

Awesome info. Definitely looking forward to further guidance as I start the long processes of career changing. Currently working full time as a lawyer, 8:30-5:30 (but 6-6:30 most days) with an hour commute on each end of my day. Traditional classes would likely be a stretch for me right now. Hoping to be able to take at least some online classes otherwise career switch won't be feasible with a combination of working full time, shadowing/volunteering, and doing pre-req.

Awesome info. Definitely looking forward to further guidance as I start the long processes of career changing. Currently working full time as a lawyer, 8:30-5:30 (but 6-6:30 most days) with an hour commute on each end of my day. Traditional classes would likely be a stretch for me right now. Hoping to be able to take at least some online classes otherwise career switch won't be feasible with a combination of working full time, shadowing/volunteering, and doing pre-req.
It's pretty early for you, but with a long commute audio osmosis CD is good for MCAT prep

Texas Tech HSC Lubbock will accept online premeds but NOT online labs.

At least the hybrid courses will work here!

Agreed, only one of the schools I spoke with out of 8 said no, and only to online labs not classes. I did hear from several that the coursework will be viewed as less competitive but most just said show us on the MCAT you know your stuff.

Was Lubbock the one who said no? Otherwise, based on the last reply in this thread, it seems like there are two TX schools where online classes could be an issue.

I don't know I tried to start a conversation with cockerel a while back asking about Texas schools accepting online courses but I never got a reply. I was curious if they take online labs

Thank you so much for this thread. Hopefully, the info is still accurate (I will, of course, verify on my own when the time comes). I have no choice but to take online courses for at least some of my pre-reqs due to the military life. I want to go to DO school anyway, so it's nice to see that many of them have no issue.

@CockerelOnTop can you let us know which school said no to online labs?

Thank you so much for this thread. Hopefully, the info is still accurate (I will, of course, verify on my own when the time comes). I have no choice but to take online courses for at least some of my pre-reqs due to the military life. I want to go to DO school anyway, so it's nice to see that many of them have no issue.

I personally emailed Texas Tech Lubbock with the syllabus from UNE and asked specifically about online labs and they said no to the online labs. Hybrids were fine but they wanted the labs done in person. Sucks.

I personally emailed Texas Tech Lubbock with the syllabus from UNE and asked specifically about online labs and they said no to the online labs. Hybrids were fine but they wanted the labs done in person. Sucks.

Yeah. I wasn't really planning on applying there anyway. I'm planning on applying to USUHS and DO schools.

Yeah. I wasn't really planning on applying there anyway. I'm planning on applying to USUHS and DO schools.
USUHS told me no to prerequisites online during my tour, but then I was at Walter Reed teaching a course and 2 neuro dept faculty were teaching as well and told me they would be accepted... not sure what's right. What have you been told?

USUHS told me no to prerequisites online during my tour, but then I was at Walter Reed teaching a course and 2 neuro dept faculty were teaching as well and told me they would be accepted... not sure what's right. What have you been told?

So I didn't really explain, but I am applying this year to the EMDP2 program, which will allow me to complete the rest of my prereqs at George Mason University while remaining on active duty. So, I'll have all my prereqs completed at a 4-year university and will be able to (read: be required to) apply to USUHS. I'll also apply to DO schools. If I am not accepted to that program, I will simply complete the prereqs on my own using the UNE courses and apply to DO schools so that I can start when I separate.

As far as I know, USUHS does not accept online prereqs (ETA: but this comes strictly from their FAQ page--I haven't spoken to anyone in person yet).

That new EMDP2 program looks awesome. I really hope you get into it, its a solid set up. Good luck

So I didn't really explain, but I am applying this year to the EMDP2 program, which will allow me to complete the rest of my prereqs at George Mason University while remaining on active duty. So, I'll have all my prereqs completed at a 4-year university and will be able to (read: be required to) apply to USUHS. I'll also apply to DO schools. If I am not accepted to that program, I will simply complete the prereqs on my own using the UNE courses and apply to DO schools so that I can start when I separate.

As far as I know, USUHS does not accept online prereqs (ETA: but this comes strictly from their FAQ page--I haven't spoken to anyone in person yet).

That new EMDP2 program looks awesome. I really hope you get into it, its a solid set up. Good luck

Thanks. I'm praying pretty hard. I really just have no idea what the competition will be like since the Navy is only just putting out the results for its first cohort.

ETA: I do think it's funny though, I have to take the SAT again. They have a 3 year time limit on scores, so I have to retake it (took it 14 years ago lol). I just realized it's this upcoming Saturday.

Last edited:
@CockerelOnTop can you let us know which school said no to online labs?

OK GUYS I was wrong. I just looked back through my emails. UTMB said "Both online and community college courses are not viewed as competitive as the traditional college/university setting. Please keep in mind that your labs will need to be completed in person"

UT-Houston said "Credit from online and community colleges will be accepted" with no mention of labs. Sorry!

The limitations of online coursework that your describe aren't all that different from the experience of many non-trads at a brick and mortar institution. Running from work to class and then home to spend an hour with family before going to bed and repeating doesn't leave much time for study groups and office hours. That's just the nature of being a non-trad with a demanding work/family schedule, regardless of course format. With that said, I agree that you lose out on something that you gain as a full time student at a brick and mortar. But for some it's the only way.

Couldn't have said it better. I do feel that I got more out of the classroom setting, but it had nothing to do with the limitations described above. As a non-trad, I went to class, went to lab, and came home. I have never gone to the professor's office for help and I think I met with a study group once. This had a lot to do with my personality, but even more to do with time restrictions and a family to take care of. For the traditional student I'd recommend brick and mortar all day. For the non-trad, however, they need to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Glad that this thread has helped several people.

Just for another update, I received interviews to all three MD schools I applied to and 6 DOs. The DOs included the VCOMs so really my options for DO were at least 8. I was accepted to a DO and an MD rather quickly and cancelled all of the other interviews. I also stopped sending secondaries.

Moral of the story, do your research, make sure you have a fighting chance, and then do everything you can to make it happen.

Reactions: 3 users
I'll echo that. I understand that the traditional view is that brick and mortar trumps online. But if circumstances don't allow for you to drop everything and take classes full time or do a post-bacc. (e.g. military, people supporting families), online classes are a real and viable option. Most important thing is to apply broadly and not get deterred by the stodgy naysayers who tell you that online classes won't cut it. You won't know if you'll get in until you apply.

endoftheland, did you actually take the lab at an institution ? would you mind sharing where you applied as well ?

Labs were done almost exclusively through the UNE online courses. I got a kit in the mail and conducted the experiments at home, answering questions about them for lab quizzes. Took one basic science class at a local college with lab, but other than that, all labs were virtual. Am happy to answer other questions via PM.

I'll echo that. I understand that the traditional view is that brick and mortar trumps online. But if circumstances don't allow for you to drop everything and take classes full time or do a post-bacc. (e.g. military, people supporting families), online classes are a real and viable option. Most important thing is to apply broadly and not get deterred by the stodgy naysayers who tell you that online classes won't cut it. You won't know if you'll get in until you apply.

I think the key is "if circumstances don't allow." If you have no choice then it definitely beats nothing and it is possible to get in at some schools, but it should not be a first line choice and it's not one without consequences.

The problem is too many who come here struggle with understanding the difference between what is possible vs. what can be done to make your chances the most probable. Online, CC science courses, low MCAT, low gpa, no shadowing, weak LORs, etc all at varying levels and right or wrong reduce chances, but not applying, once you've made the best application possible for you, makes your chances zero.

Congrats on getting in though and good luck!

I emailed several DO and MD schools regarding this. I asked them 1) do they accept online courses and 2) are they viewed poorly by the adcom. I specifically referenced UNE in my email, so these responses may not be applicable to all online courses.

DO
Pacific Northwest: Accepted, not looked upon poorly.
MSUCOM: Accepted, no mention of whether they are viewed poorly.
ATSU: Accepted, strongly suggest the prereqs be taken in person.
Des Moines: Accepted, may be viewed as less competitive.
PCOM: Accepted, best to take at 4 year institution to stay competitive.
Kansas City: Accepted, not looked upon poorly.
OU-HCOM - Accepted, said many student have taken some courses at UNE. Went on to say that as long as most prerequisites are taken in traditional setting it won't be an issue.

MD
South Carolina: Accepted, specifically said UNE online classes are accepted.
Western Michigan: Accepted, prefer traditional classes.
Eastern Virginia: NOT ACCEPTED
Florida State: Accepted, specifically referenced UNE
Temple: NOT ACCEPTED
UAMS: Accepted, except Orgo. Jury still out on how the committee sees them.
Minnesota: Labs must be in person.
Illinois: Accepted, traditional classes preferred.
New Mexico: labs not accepted.
Loam Linda: NOT ACCEPTED
Colorado: NOT ACCEPTED
Vermont: accepted, not viewed negatively
LSU: NOT ACCEPTED

The responses I got here should tell people not to take the MSAR as accurate in this issue.

what I found interesting was that I emailed ATSU in Kirksville 3 years ago about online perquisites and they said exactly what you said, but ATSU Arizona said they would accept them as long as they were regionally accredited. I emailed them again with mention about the labs just to make sure.

Western in CA said they would accept regionally accredited online courses but the labs must be done in person, which I find odd because how can one part of the course not be accepted and the other can be?

I am awaiting a reply back from Midwestern in Arizona as well.

Update: AT still in AZ accepts them from UNE. Still waiting on Midwestern.

Last edited:
Hi, are there any updates with people applying to MD schools that took online prereqs? Thanks!

Glad that this thread has helped several people.

Just for another update, I received interviews to all three MD schools I applied to and 6 DOs. The DOs included the VCOMs so really my options for DO were at least 8. I was accepted to a DO and an MD rather quickly and cancelled all of the other interviews. I also stopped sending secondaries.

Moral of the story, do your research, make sure you have a fighting chance, and then do everything you can to make it happen.
Thanks for this sharing this information. Would you mind sharing the schools you applied to and the schools you got accepted to? Thanks!

OK GUYS I was wrong. I just looked back through my emails. UTMB said "Both online and community college courses are not viewed as competitive as the traditional college/university setting. Please keep in mind that your labs will need to be completed in person"

UT-Houston said "Credit from online and community colleges will be accepted" with no mention of labs. Sorry!

I know I'm replying to an old post, but I figured some may want to know that I emailed UTMB last month and they said online pre-reqs, including labs, will satisfy the pre-req requirements.

I know I'm replying to an old post, but I figured some may want to know that I emailed UTMB last month and they said online pre-reqs, including labs, will satisfy the pre-req requirements.
No worries! Whatever updates you all may find are really useful for those who are applying in future cycles :)

Military background which is why I think I was given some slack with online pre-reqs

Accepted:
Columbia
ETSU
UA Phoenix
OHSU

IIs offered from UCF and Tulane

FYI, on Florida secondaries the schools ask you to note each class that was online as well as whether it was proctored/non-proctored/hybrid

Congrats! Are you an Oregon resident? Also, would you be willing to share stats (you can PM me if you prefer).

Thanks for this sharing this information. Would you mind sharing the schools you applied to and the schools you got accepted to? Thanks!

I ended up getting accepted to the first two schools I interviewed at and cancelled all others after that. In total I interviewed at 3 places in my home state and was accepted to two. Overall I applied to 13 DO schools and 2 MD and I think I actually had interview invites to about 10 of those. I didn't bother sending supplementals to the rest.

I don't remember the full history of this thread, but to recap, my undergrad course load was pretty heavy with online courses. I took all of the prereqs including labs online except for the organic chems. I did transfer those credits and finish up a biochem degree at a brick and mortar school. I also served a short amount of time in the military and was in my later 20s when I applied. Neither my GPA or MCAT were stellar and I had no research experience.

Plan accordingly and then make it happen. At this point, most of our classes in medical school are essentially online anyway.