Schools Don’t Communicate with Each Other, Right?? Please Ease My Nerves

Started by chpiib
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently accepted into a DO school, and while I’m over the moon about starting medical school (and not having to take the MCAT a 3rd time), I’m still waiting to hear back from some MD schools.

The doctor I work for knows I have been accepted into the DO school (which happens to be the one his kid goes to), and the other day I told him that I recently got an II to another MD school. He mentioned that he heard some schools could possibly pull an A or call other schools if a student is interviewing there.

I doubt that is true, but the more I think about it, the more anxious I get. Just need someone to tell me there’s no way that happens, as I don’t want to jeopardize the opportunities I have.
MD and DO schools use different app portals and do not compare notes like that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll be fine. Keep in mind that some DO schools have aggressive deposit schedules that if you don't pay their deposit, you'll lose your spot. Check with the DO school you've been accepted to and clarify when that deadline is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.