schools near New York city that offer prerequisite classes / post-bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twinkletickle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking for schools near New York city that offer prerequisite classes and/or post-bac program.

I have checked some graduate programs I found from ASHA and figured Queens College, Long Island @ Brooklyn and Brooklyn college might have post-bac program (sometimes the information is ambigious on site).

I only got feedback from Brooklyn College so far (grateful), it has post-bac program for sure; however, can only take maximum 2 courses per semester, thus it will be a long long way to go...

Could anyone please let me know if you know any school has such program?

Thank you and have a good night!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Teachers College (Columbia University) accepts students without a background in SLP, which adds about 2 semesters to the program. They especially like students with a bilingual background. I am graduating from the program tomorrow! :) Private me if you want to talk more.

Queens college has a good program but i think its only open to undergrads...Also there is a application you need to fill out (i think you need > 3.5 GPA) and then they let you know if you are accepted or not.

There is a direct website, you should call them and ask them any questions you may have. But definitely in terms of classes, if you want to see what they offer (or any other CUNY for that matter) you can go here:

http://student.cuny.edu/cgi-bin/SectionMeeting/SectMeetColleges.pl

Pick college, semester, and look for department. If you go to queens college and pick a semester, the classes should be under "CSD - Communication sciences and disorders"