Schools requiring all pre-reqs to be done before applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Feelgood Inc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking Organic Chemistry Lab and an English course in the fall semester of my application year and am curious to what schools require all pre-reqs to be completed. I hear that Temple and Wake Forest does this but are there other schools to be aware of? If I apply to these schools without completing pre-reqs will my application be automatically considered late until January?

Members don't see this ad.

Vanderbilt no longer requires pre-reqs to be complete by January 31st. Cornell still does.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Vanderbilt no longer requires pre-reqs to be complete by January 31st. Cornell still does.

Penn State also still requires pre-reqs to be complete by "the end of the calendar year prior to matriculation"

I will be taking Organic Chemistry Lab and an English course in the fall semester of my application year and am curious to what schools require all pre-reqs to be completed. I hear that Temple and Wake Forest does this but are there other schools to be aware of? If I apply to these schools without completing pre-reqs will my application be automatically considered late until January?

I'm not sure that Wake Forest still does this. Temple definitely does; Temple's website says they won't review your app until they have grades for all pre-reqs