Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Schools requiring all pre-reqs to be done before applying

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Feelgood Inc, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Feelgood Inc

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I will be taking Organic Chemistry Lab and an English course in the fall semester of my application year and am curious to what schools require all pre-reqs to be completed. I hear that Temple and Wake Forest does this but are there other schools to be aware of? If I apply to these schools without completing pre-reqs will my application be automatically considered late until January?

2. gonnif

gonnif Only 695 Days Until Next Presidential Election
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    1) You need to use the MSAR and each school's website to determine if they require all prereqs prior to applying, though from your description of what you will be lacking sounds no more than a blip to any adcom
    2) If a school is a stickler and checks for fulfillment of prereqs at admissions, whether in an early screening or as final review, you would likely not be held for "late" review but rejected earlier in the process
    3) A quick review of Wake Forest doesnt seem to say required prior to advising
    4) The Temple requirement is likely for those applying with spring or summer grades incomplete

3. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

You might check on Penn State, Cornell, and Vanderbilt and see if they still require prerequisites to be complete by January of the application cycle.

4. Doug Underhill

5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Vanderbilt no longer requires pre-reqs to be complete by January 31st. Cornell still does.

occams_razor and Catalystik like this.
  5. occams_razor

2+ Year Member

Penn State also still requires pre-reqs to be complete by "the end of the calendar year prior to matriculation"

6. occams_razor

2+ Year Member

I'm not sure that Wake Forest still does this. Temple definitely does; Temple's website says they won't review your app until they have grades for all pre-reqs