Schools that accept Late applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DollarNaDream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

New to the forum, I skipped this round of applications because I wanted more experience as a PT Aide and to save some money for PT School (if I got in). Just thought I'de see if there are any schools that accept applications late, like this or within the next few months or something. I wish I joined this forum earlier, so much support and motivation from the members, I would have definitely applied this year. Thanks for reading!

Members don't see this ad.

There are many schools with application deadlines in the spring! Look on PTCAS for an extensive list. Or research the schools are you interested in. You could always try to apply early for the next cycle so you can decide what school to attend well in advance! As for this cycle, some schools have "soft deadlines" or rolling admissions and you can look into those programs as well!

As far as "late" applications... (in the sense of applying past a deadline) no one accepts "late" ones! Haha. Good luck and keep us updated!

Hey all,

New to the forum, I skipped this round of applications because I wanted more experience as a PT Aide and to save some money for PT School (if I got in). Just thought I'de see if there are any schools that accept applications late, like this or within the next few months or something. I wish I joined this forum earlier, so much support and motivation from the members, I would have definitely applied this year. Thanks for reading!

If the deadline has not passed then you may be ok to apply, but if the school does rolling admissions you're application may not even be looked at (but there is always a possibility). If the deadline has passed don't even submit an application to them, most schools are pretty strict with their deadline dates (why would they want to take a student who can't get their application in on time when hundreds others did?)

I'm all for applying as soon as you can. Check out the PTCAS website and start going through schools and looking at deadlines, but if you feel that you're not ready (or there are schools that you would prefer more) then just take the rest of the year and apply early when the new round opens in July.

What are your stats like, do you have observation hours in multiple places, taken GREs, have references set up, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
applications still open this cycle:

Arkansas State University AR 02/02/2015
AT Still University of Health Sciences AZ 01/15/2015
Azusa Pacific University (for class beginning in Feb 2016) CA 05/15/2015
Carroll University WI 01/15/2015
Clarkson University NY 02/16/2015
Cleveland State University (Jan 2016 Enrollment) OH 02/16/2015
Creighton University NE 01/15/2015
Des Moines University - Osteopathic Medical Center IA 01/15/2015 (SOFT)
Dominican College of Blauvelt NY 03/02/2015
Duquesne University PA 03/02/2015
East Tennessee State University (for class beginning in January 2016) TN 05/15/2015
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University FL 01/15/2015
Florida Gulf Coast University FL Deadline passed12/15/2014(Soft Deadline)
Florida International University FL 01/15/2015
Franklin Pierce University
..............Manchester Campus NH 01/15/2015 (SOFT)
..............Goodyear Campus AZ 01/15/2015 (SOFT)
Hampton University VA 01/15/2015
Husson University ME 01/15/2015 (SOFT)
Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus NY 03/02/2015
Lynchburg College VA 02/02/2015
MCPHS University MA 03/02/2015 (SOFT)
Mercy College NY 01/15/2015
Midwestern University - Glendale AZ Deadline passed12/01/2014(Soft Deadline)
Misericordia University PA 05/15/2015
Mount St Mary's College CA Deadline passed12/01/2014(Soft Deadline)
New York Medical College NY 02/02/2015
Rockhurst University MO Deadline passed10/01/2014(Soft Deadline)
Sacred Heart University CT Deadline passed11/17/2014(Soft Deadline)
Southwest Baptist University MO 03/02/2015
Touro College
.............Bay Shore (Long Island) NY 05/01/2015
.............Manhattan NY 05/01/2015
University of Jamestown ND 02/02/2015
University of Mary ND 01/15/2015
University of New England ME 01/15/2015 (SOFT)
University of Saint Mary KS 01/15/2015
University of Scranton PA 02/02/2015
University of Tennessee Health Science Center TN Deadline passed10/01/2014(Soft Deadline)
University of the Incarnate Word TX 02/02/2015
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia PA 03/02/2015
Utica College NY 01/15/2015
Washington University of St Louis MO 02/02/2015
West Coast University CA 02/16/2015 (SOFT)
Wheeling Jesuit University WV Deadline passed12/01/2014(Soft Deadline)
Widener University PA Deadline passed11/17/2014(Soft Deadline)
Winston-Salem State University NC 01/15/2015

Reactions: 1 user
Also for non PTCAS schools Northeastern has a 1/9/15 deadline

I would also check to see if the schools admission are rolling or blocked. In some cases if the school has too many applications and they are rolling it could just become a waste of time and money. Just something to keep in mind later in the game.

Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it! I'll definitely start doing research on these schools!

If the deadline has not passed then you may be ok to apply, but if the school does rolling admissions you're application may not even be looked at (but there is always a possibility). If the deadline has passed don't even submit an application to them, most schools are pretty strict with their deadline dates (why would they want to take a student who can't get their application in on time when hundreds others did?)

I'm all for applying as soon as you can. Check out the PTCAS website and start going through schools and looking at deadlines, but if you feel that you're not ready (or there are schools that you would prefer more) then just take the rest of the year and apply early when the new round opens in July.

What are your stats like, do you have observation hours in multiple places, taken GREs, have references set up, etc?
My Cum GPA is 3.410 (waiting on 16 more units for this semester)
My university GPA is a 3.72

I have about 80 hours in patient at the va hospital it's on going now, 130/140ish at a SNF and about the same at an ortho clinic. I got references but I haven't asked them yet , and I have not taken the GRE yet, what's your opinion on my situation

My Cum GPA is 3.410 (waiting on 16 more units for this semester)

I have about 80 hours in patient at the va hospital it's on going now, 130/140ish at a SNF and about the same at an ortho clinic. I got references but I haven't asked them yet , and I have not taken the GRE yet, what's your opinion on my situation

To me GPA seems alright,depends on what schools you're looking at but you should be fine with that. Observation hours are good and its good that you've been in multiple environments (a lot of school like to see that). As for references you may want to ask them if they would be willing to write you a positive reference when the time comes (if you decide to apply this cycle that will be VERY soon that you'll need their letter (or well online submissions really). As for GRE...since you haven't taken it, have you at least studied for it and how do you do on standardized tests. I wouldn't recommend going in without preparing since its an expensive tests and ideally you only want to have to take it once, at most twice. Since its late in the game you may only get one chance at it before you have to submit.

Personally I would probably wait till next cycle opens up an apply early. You have the observation hours done, spend some time preparing for the GRE and kill it the first time around. Also ask your references and give them a time frame, if you're applying in July tell that that and then send them a reminder as time gets closer and then once you have submitted the request so they can look for it in their email.

All in all its you're decision to make, there is no wrong choice. Worst case scenario you don't get in this round and apply next cycle.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Realize that schools with deadlines that have not hit yet who use a rolling admissions process, you have very, very slim chances of getting in. You will also be SOL at applying to most state (public aka way cheaper) schools at this point, as most of them have deadlines in Nov. and Dec. Most (not all, but most) of the schools with spring deadlines are the high $$ private schools.

I would call each school you want to apply to and ask what your chances really are submitting this late in the cycle. Schools with rolling admissions will usually be willing to describe to you how their process works.

If it's a school that doesn't do rolling admissions you should be fine if you submit before their deadline, but like I said you are probably missing out on applying to your state programs (depending on what state you live in). And not applying to your state programs is ill advised from a financial perspective.

Considering you haven't taken the GRE or really gotten your crap together yet (no offense intended), you are going to probably be into at least Feb. before you have a decent application put together. And that's if you signed up for the GRE like today. Realistically you are going to need to wait until next cycle, but it's up to you.

Also, your "university GPA" is totally irrelevant to the application process. Just FYI.:)

Pre-req GPA and cumulative GPA are what matter at most schools. There are some that look at you GPA for the last 60 hours specifically, and some that use science GPA more than pre-req GPA. But for the most part, pre-req and cGPA are what count.