Schools that accept letters of update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a list for the DO and MD schools that accept letters of update pre-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools will accept a letter of update unless they explicitly say on their website or secondary page that they don't. With that being said, letter of updates tend to do very little for applicants unless it's a significant update (semester of 4.0/strong grades, publication).

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 users
I have a spreadsheet that I track everything on. A few nights ago I googled something along the lines of XXXX med application "update" and looked at each of the applicant portals so that I could make a note about it. Like the other poster said, sometimes there is no place to upload updates. That is probably a hint that they do not accept them. Sometimes schools say they do not accept updates pre-interview. Other times, they don't say anything. I'm sure it is fine to upload updates as long as they do not explicitly say not to, but just be aware that they have no obligation to actually read the update.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a spreadsheet that I track everything on. A few nights ago I googled something along the lines of XXXX med application "update" and looked at each of the applicant portals so that I could make a note about it. Like the other poster said, sometimes there is no place to upload updates. That is probably a hint that they do not accept them. Sometimes schools say they do not accept updates pre-interview. Other times, they don't say anything. I'm sure it is fine to upload updates as long as they do not explicitly say not to, but just be aware that they have no obligation to actually read the update.
if they don't have a place to upload updates on the portal, I think we can still email them the letter. I emailed a school a letter of interest/update and they invited me for an interview. I guess I'm just gonna look through schools' websites and see if they mention not sending updates anywhere. Also for schools that have a place to upload something, do you think I should still email them the letter or would just uploading it be fine?