Schools that allow BLOC or ODS as a elective rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csivet21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Our SAMOPS president at my college is trying to gather evidence of medical schools that allow you to use a 3rd or 4th year elective rotation to attend BLOC or ODS. If you are at a school or know of a school that allows this please post it. We are attempting to get this approved at our school. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eastern Virginia Medical School allows you time off during your 4th year to compete ODS. It does not count as an elective rotation but they allow for plenty of time off to complete this. We have 32 weeks of required rotations during 4th year (4 weeks inpatient (AI), 4 weeks critical care, 4 weeks outpatient, 4 weeks scholarly activity, and 12 weeks elective, all in whatever field/specialty you want), and 12 weeks for step 2/interviews/vacation/whatever you want that you can space out throughout your 4th year whenever you want. So I did my 5 weeks of ODS during my 12 weeks of vacation.

OUHCOM has allowed it for credit for the BOLC short course for some National Guard members, it shows on the transcript as "Academic Medicine." I'm not sure if they would allow it for the full length course.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile