Schools that ask about anything other than traffic violations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas79

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone with certainty post the names of schools that ask that all-encompassing question about crimes or criminal offenses other than minor motor vehicle violations on their secondaries? Perhaps people who have already applied last year? I have a disorderly conduct conviction that is classified as a violation (in my state, NY), but I rather not speak of it. It doesn't matter if the application asks about misdemeanors since I won't be technically lying. I'm more interested in knowing about schools that asks the blanket statement so I could save my $$ by not applying to them through AMCAS. I already know of two for certain by looking at their secondaries for last year's applicants, online:

1) Dartmouth - "Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense other than minor motor vehicle violations?"

2) AECOM - "Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation?"

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

yo dude,
they all ask it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't use it as a guide to rule out which medical schools to apply to. For example, Einstein is pretty progressive and would probably accept a decent explanation for any non-violent offense.

I'd say apply, and then get ready to have a REALLY good explanation of what "disorderly conduct" is, and how you've matured, learned, etc. from your experience. Any school that asks will then provide a space for you to explain the conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.