Schools that do not require Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMO69657

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any schools that do not require physics, preferably in the midwest? I looked thru most of the schools on Pharmcas unless I overlooked something, do all schools require physics??? Because I will only be able to take Physics I in Spring, if it is needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Every school I applied to required it. I suggest the calculus-based version instead of the watered-down algebra one. I did not understand calculus until I took physics; it all clicked together then.

I feel you would only be cheating yourself if you managed to find a school that did not require physics. True, you don't need a lot of true physics knowledge as a pharmacist, but it will totally teach you a WAY of thinking, a way to tackle problems. And, you might find it useful in pharmaceutics (although I found my p-chem background more useful there, but it's all related).

I think you need to reconsider your course schedule to make physics fit into it. If your school doesn't offer physics I this fall, look for other local schools that do. If pharmacy is truly your goal, then you can find a way to take physics.

Sorry, I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear.

UNMC does not require physics. They require either Analytical Chemistry or physics. I tool analytical and is was extremely difficult but I did learn a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
The University of Houston will accept one year of high school physics in lieu of the required Physics 1.

The University of Houston will accept one year of high school physics in lieu of the required Physics 1.

thank you. that is what i am looking for. except I hear TX schools do not accept a lot of out of state students. :(

Well, its not exactly in the midwest, but the University of Pittsburgh does not require Physics.

And yes, I took physics, even though it turns out I didn't even need it...stupid schools and their million different pre-pharm reqs

Nova Southeastern University if Florida doesnt

AMO69657, in case you aren't aware usn = university of southern nevada which has two campuses- one in henderson, nevada and the other in south jordan, utah

LECOM and Idaho State require physics but no lab is required.

Ferris State in Michigan does not require Physics. They also don't require Anatomy and Physiology, because they incorporate that into the first year of their program.

Is there any schools that do not require physics, preferably in the midwest? I looked thru most of the schools on Pharmcas unless I overlooked something, do all schools require physics??? Because I will only be able to take Physics I in Spring, if it is needed.

Mercer only requires one semester of physics.

AMO69657, in case you aren't aware usn = university of southern nevada which has two campuses- one in henderson, nevada and the other in south jordan, utah

LECOM and Idaho State require physics but no lab is required.

Thanks for clarifying! and thank you to the rest of you as well :)