Schools that don't require PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daysinnnc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any school that do not require PCAT?
if yes, which ones???

Members don't see this ad.

Purdue doesn't

..I know there are more, but that's the only one I applied to that doesn't require it

This question has only been asked 1,642,648 times. :oops: Try a search. I think there's a link in one of the sticky's (at the top of the page). Cali schools don't require the PCAT, but they have high GPA requirements. Don't be afraid of the PCAT. It won't eat you alive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to Drake University in Iowa and if you are accepted into the pharmacy school as a freshman in college and maintain a 3.0 a spot is held for you in the pharmacy school and you don't have to take the PCAT. Although if you apply to Drake just for pharmacy school after going to pre-pharmacy somewhere else you need to have a PCAT score when applying for admission.

Why is everybody so afraid of the PCAT? Getting into schools that don't require it is exponentially more competitive.

the PCAT is maybe the easiest professional school test there is. Why is it so feared?

I would much rather take it that the MCAT, DAT, LSAT, V..whatever...

Go to the AACP website. There is a web page where you can select your imput about pharmacy schools by way of drop down boxes. One of the selection criteria is pharmacy schools that don't require PCAT. This is a very useful tool when trying to select schools.