1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

schools that emphasize DAT more

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by highfly413, Mar 19, 2004.

1. highfly413

highfly413 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

does anyone know of the schools that tend to emphasize the DAT more and may be more willing to forgive a lower GPA (due to one year). I have:

Cum: 3.1
    Sci: 2.98
    Major (BIO): 3.27

but i have made major improvements each year, since my horrific freshman year (2.4). I'm taking the DAT in May and i am trying to compile a list of schools to apply to. Thanks for the help!

2. jaap

15+ Year Member

Dentist
  3. it's important to do well on the DAT. Schools also look at upward trends in marks.

4. Thaxil

Thaxil Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I noticed that a lot of schools state that they will look at recent performance, but I think only a few will seriously take it in to consideration. I also had a horrible first year. One school I would suggest for you to apply to would be UDM. I think they will seriously look at recent academic performance, also UISD. At less, these were the some of the schools that gave me a chance. Try also BU and NYU. If SDA definitely apply to LLU because that is all they care about.

You must do well on the DAT. 20+ overall, and no less then 18 on any section. If you need to take the whole summer to study and be a little late in applying, then do it to get those scores.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. marshall

marshall SDN Donor
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Columbia favors the DAT a lot *IF* you went to a good undergrad institution. Not uncommon to see < 3.0 w/ 23+ AA on the DAT.

Cheers,
    Marshall

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

yah I was just about the say Columbia..big DAT school....Temple also emphasizes the DAT a lot, but you dont need 20+ to get into Temple....but a 20+ is pretty much a guaranteed acceptence.