• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

schools that emphasize DAT more

highfly413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2002
    does anyone know of the schools that tend to emphasize the DAT more and may be more willing to forgive a lower GPA (due to one year). I have:

Cum: 3.1
    Sci: 2.98
    Major (BIO): 3.27

but i have made major improvements each year, since my horrific freshman year (2.4). I'm taking the DAT in May and i am trying to compile a list of schools to apply to. Thanks for the help!

About the Ads

Thaxil

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 5, 2003
    myrtle Beach, SC
    1. Dentist
      I noticed that a lot of schools state that they will look at recent performance, but I think only a few will seriously take it in to consideration. I also had a horrible first year. One school I would suggest for you to apply to would be UDM. I think they will seriously look at recent academic performance, also UISD. At less, these were the some of the schools that gave me a chance. Try also BU and NYU. If SDA definitely apply to LLU because that is all they care about.

You must do well on the DAT. 20+ overall, and no less then 18 on any section. If you need to take the whole summer to study and be a little late in applying, then do it to get those scores.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.