1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

schools that emphasize DAT more

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by highfly413, Mar 19, 2004.

1. highfly413

highfly413 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

does anyone know of the schools that tend to emphasize the DAT more and may be more willing to forgive a lower GPA (due to one year). I have:

Cum: 3.1
    Sci: 2.98
    Major (BIO): 3.27

but i have made major improvements each year, since my horrific freshman year (2.4). I'm taking the DAT in May and i am trying to compile a list of schools to apply to. Thanks for the help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jaap

15+ Year Member

Dentist
  4. it's important to do well on the DAT. Schools also look at upward trends in marks.

5. Thaxil

Thaxil Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I noticed that a lot of schools state that they will look at recent performance, but I think only a few will seriously take it in to consideration. I also had a horrible first year. One school I would suggest for you to apply to would be UDM. I think they will seriously look at recent academic performance, also UISD. At less, these were the some of the schools that gave me a chance. Try also BU and NYU. If SDA definitely apply to LLU because that is all they care about.

You must do well on the DAT. 20+ overall, and no less then 18 on any section. If you need to take the whole summer to study and be a little late in applying, then do it to get those scores.

6. marshall

marshall SDN Donor
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Columbia favors the DAT a lot *IF* you went to a good undergrad institution. Not uncommon to see < 3.0 w/ 23+ AA on the DAT.

Cheers,
    Marshall

7. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

yah I was just about the say Columbia..big DAT school....Temple also emphasizes the DAT a lot, but you dont need 20+ to get into Temple....but a 20+ is pretty much a guaranteed acceptence.