Schools that have a expiration date on courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tigerchuffs

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which schools have expiration dates on pre-requisite courses?

VMCAS's list only had Tuskegee University as requiring all pre-requisite courses to have been taken within 6 years. However I just attended a Univ of Minnesota info session that said they have a 10 year expiration requirement that I never found while doing my research online on the program.

Any other schools have this requirement? I don't want to waste my time applying if some of my pre-requisite courses won't even count.

Thanks!
 
Which schools have expiration dates on pre-requisite courses?

VMCAS's list only had Tuskegee University as requiring all pre-requisite courses to have been taken within 6 years. However I just attended a Univ of Minnesota info session that said they have a 10 year expiration requirement that I never found while doing my research online on the program.

Any other schools have this requirement? I don't want to waste my time applying if some of my pre-requisite courses won't even count.

Thanks!
I think it's a fairly common thing for schools to have a cut-off for prereqs along the lines of "these courses must have been completed within the last x years" so if that's something you're concerned about, my best advice would be to just contact admissions for the schools you're interested in applying to
 
Which schools have expiration dates on pre-requisite courses?

VMCAS's list only had Tuskegee University as requiring all pre-requisite courses to have been taken within 6 years. However I just attended a Univ of Minnesota info session that said they have a 10 year expiration requirement that I never found while doing my research online on the program.

Any other schools have this requirement? I don't want to waste my time applying if some of my pre-requisite courses won't even count.

Thanks!
There are several schools that have a time limit on science prereqs. It was something I was concerned about because I was a non-traditional student, but that information was easily found on the individual school’s admissions pages. I applied 2 years ago now so I don’t want to list any specific schools, as things may have changed. Good luck! 🙂